LegacyGT.com

The Ebay 05' LGT exhaust. Q's

xBrian

Ok, where do I start?

I'm not new to the car scene, I'm on my 5th car in 12 years and have been modding throughout my car ownership "journey".

There have been a few trips to rice town and several other impulse purchases that I have regreted over the years. Ebay being the source of the largest regret purchases. As well as some smaller companies that have now dissapeard and with it the warrenty. Even TRD packed up and left me in the wind when my lowering springs went to $hit.

My last vehicle was my slowest, least performing cars power wise. I had done all the suspension stuff that I could do too make up for speed in the turns, that horspower could not provide me. It was the 2005 Scion xB. Also a regret purchase and not from ebay. Although the car served me well, mostly. Great gas milage and was super easy to wrench on. also mods were somwhat inexpensive.

Before this gets all off subject and I go on a tangent, people get bored and hit the back button, let me get back to what I intended to say here.

My previous exhaust purchase for the xB was on Ebay. It was a Borla Axle back. The cost was in the $300 range. I later had a buddy that owned a shop take it to a cat back, with other work and a mid pipe etc, which was even more money.

The Ebay Borla item was probably my best ebay purchase ever, but it also had the name to back the product. (What im looking at currently, does not)

Now I'm working extra shifts trying to sack away money for some things I want to do to the 05' LGT wagon. I have to do these extra shifts to keep the wife happy, or else I wont be able to do this. So this time around, it has to be the best of quality and long lasting. I'm working my asz off for it. I dont want to to as extensive of mods here. I want a long lasting vehicle that does well in all weather situations and will provide me with problem free transportation for many years.

I'm not lowering this car, I had my fill of plowing snow, I'm done with that.

Wheels, exhaust and some good rubber are all in order, as is a tune. Tint is done. So, before I get the tune, which I've already lined up. I want to get the exhaust on. I had my heart set on a Cobb TBE. But I cant seem to find it locally and shipping is pretty pricey it seems. Although I will hold out on the cobb if I can, because like I said...My impulse purchase days are over and I finally have patience with this stuff. I dont feel like I need to mod my car anymore. I want to do this one right, if waiting is necassary, then thats just what has do be done.

I found this item on ebay. Yes ebay.

So after all that reading, if you stuck around. This is what I was inquiring about.

$250 + shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-GT-05-07-Exhaust-Catback-System-Dual_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem370191524199QQitemZ370191524199QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here is tha page with the other exhausts, but still no Cobb tbe.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZ05Q20legacyQ20gtQ20exhaustQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

I too was looking at the exhaust in your first link. I emailed the seller and asked if there was a provision for the O2 sensor that monitors the 2nd cat. He told me no. I'm not sure what people are doing with the rear O2 when using that exhaust. Just something to consider.

I ordered one today! I will keep you posted on how it turns out.

You have a $30k luxury sports car and you put a $300 ebay exhaust on it?!?! Am I the only one that thinks this is idiocy?

To the OP, it is a very legitimate concern to save money, but is it not equally important to spend it wisely? Say you save $400 on an exhaust, but then this ebay piece rusts, the welds break, and falls apart after 6 months. Did you really save any money? Have you considered just buying replacement mufflers? They will get you the same look and sound as a CBE, and you wont run into the longevity issues of ebay crap.

You have a $30k luxury sports car and you put a $300 ebay exhaust on it?!?! Am I the only one that thinks this is idiocy?

The only idiocy I read is that you think a legacy is a luxury sports car... :lol:

Seriously though, I run the x02 (ebay) mid and Y pipe, I painted the pipes black with high heat paint and slapped them on. Fitment was perfect, welds are holding up very, very well after 1 year.. Considering the Perrin mid and Y costs a lot more and yields no greater performance, I think it is smart to buy the X02...especially since it's only an exhaust and has no moving parts to it. Now, if i was buying a turbo...I would not go bargain hunting.

Its Xo2 Brand.

Heard good stuff About them

Hears bad stuff About them

Good: Cheap, Nice sound, Fittment, welds, Cheap

Bad: Rust, Drone (some say).

Really only thing bad about Exhaust is rust, so if your does not rust, LET ME KNOW! +pics hahaha

To the OP, it is a very legitimate concern to save money, but is it not equally important to spend it wisely? Say you save $400 on an exhaust, but then this ebay piece rusts, the welds break, and falls apart after 6 months. Did you really save any money? Have you considered just buying replacement mufflers? They will get you the same look and sound as a CBE, and you wont run into the longevity issues of ebay crap.

You misread my post. Your response reflects all of these things that I am aiming at. My goal is to get the Cobb tbe and not sacrafice quality and longevity of a reliable product, as I posted.

I had no plans to purchase the ebay setup. I'm only inquiring as to the quality of the product and whether or not anyone has had long term good results with this product.

Did you read the entire post?

must be just you as for that price even if it is crap its a very inexpensive gamble, i am going to buy this kit

• 4 weeks later...

Archived