LegacyGT.com

Help me diagnose this noise please (with video)

http://youtu.be/M9moR2s2jmw

Noise came about the last few days.... i would almost say with the cold weather.

Little back ground.... Been running stage 2 map... bnr 18g turbo.... ect ect nothing crazy done. My car has 117k on it and has had all scheduled maintenance done relatively on time. Oil changed every 3-4k with full synthetic. Within the last 5000k i got new plugs, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, and pullys. Besids the noise there is no noticeable issues with performance or anything. Car runs great. Boost is where it should be, oil pressure is where it should be.

Only happens during idle and goes away once rpm is over say..... 900-1000.

Any ideas? Im thinking its the alternator

Then I'll have to disagree with your "nothing crazy done" statement. Stage 2 ots is, what, 17 psi? That's a considerable difference in airflow compared to a vf46 at the same boost. I can't say what the noise is though. It doesn't sound good either way. When you figure it out make sure and get a proper tune for that turbo!

yeah i know..... i have all these part i need to get installed before i get my actual tune.

I have a FMIC, injectors, and fuel pump. sitting downstairs waiting to be installed.

Im torn between getting the work all dialed which would most likely cost about +2g said and done or just selling my car after this winter and getting an 09 S5.

Archived