LegacyGT.com

2012 Annual Koni sale dates?

phenryiv1

I did some searching on the open internet and found some references to the annual Koni ~20%-off sale being March 1, but I can't get any confirmation, plus I can't find any information on the duration of the sale.

Has anyone heard anything concrete?

I want to order a set of Konis for my WRX and would love to save the 20% that people saved last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Koni stated on the phone that it was going to happen soon but would not confirm a date or discount percentage.

I actually bought mine with a still-active code from 2010 that someone sent me on NASIOC. I paid $550 shipped for all 4 for my WRX. I spoke to several vendors, however, and I may have still overpaid, as I got a quote (based on last year's discount) of $450 plus shipping from one vendor. Even if shipping is $30-35, I am still behind, BUT Koni sometimes limits the sale to stock-on-hand, so at least I have my set. Maybe I can call the vendor and ask if I can process a return and re-buy. Even with the restocking fee it would be about $40-50 cheaper to return and re-buy, if indeed they drop to $450 on March 1.

The vendor who quoted me $450+ ship is the one who told me the March 1 start date.

Mine just arrived today. Unfortunately, the guy from whom I was buying strut cores has totally bailed, so I am back looking for 08-10 WRX/Impreza cores.

Boo on that.

Koni stated on the phone that it was going to happen soon but would not confirm a date or discount percentage.

I actually bought mine with a still-active code from 2010 that someone sent me on NASIOC. I paid $550 shipped for all 4 for my WRX. I spoke to several vendors, however, and I may have still overpaid, as I got a quote (based on last year's discount) of $450 plus shipping from one vendor. Even if shipping is $30-35, I am still behind, BUT Koni sometimes limits the sale to stock-on-hand, so at least I have my set. Maybe I can call the vendor and ask if I can process a return and re-buy. Even with the restocking fee it would be about $40-50 cheaper to return and re-buy, if indeed they drop to $450 on March 1.

The vendor who quoted me $450+ ship is the one who told me the March 1 start date.

Mine just arrived today. Unfortunately, the guy from whom I was buying strut cores has totally bailed, so I am back looking for 08-10 WRX/Impreza cores.

Boo on that.

Any chance you could PM me as well with this vendor info? Poised to order, may want to hold off until next week. Thanks!

I am getting a ton of PMs about this topic, so I will post some of the info in this thread. I found the initial information through Google, which makes me question why so many people are PMming me to find info that I found through Google, but that is another matter entirely. I don't mind helping people out, but...

So anyway, I spoke with 2 guys at IDParts (they are typically a VW vendor)- Peter and Corey. I first contacted Corey, (Corey@idparts.com), who sent my specific part number request to Peter (he emailed me from sales@idparts.com). Remember, the price that I got from them was an ESTIMATE and it pertained to 2011 WRX-specific dampers. Your experience may vary.

ID Parts phone: 888-444-7951

They both said (pretty clearly) that it is their understanding that the sale starts March 1, and a couple of other places on different (non-Subaru) forums posted the same, BUT nobody knows the exact percentage, which is set by Koni. One thing is for sure- Order early. Typically, they don't honor the pricing for backordered parts.

I actually bought mine through TH Motorsports a couple of weeks ago. They are a vendor on NASIOC, and when I posted the thread asking about the tax-time sale, someone PMmed me and gave me a still-active code.

That's what I was wondering until earlier today when I got an email about from one of my distributors (who has 05-09 legacy struts in stock). yes dealers get an extra discount. Lasts until the end of may.

Kind of want a set for myself- the sti struts are getting a little old.

Koni lists the MSRP on their site, and they sell at that price. Vendors can sell lower by cutting their profit margins, but at a certain point, they lose money if they sell any cheaper.

For Koni to drop the baseline cost by 20%, it allows vendors to sell for 20% less and keep the same profit margins. Vendors can still set their own pricing- they just get the supply for 20% mess through May 1.

Heads-up:

PLEASE do not post the code for the place where I got mine on here. The more it is out there, the more likely they are to turn it off.

I got mine for my WRX for $550 shipped with the code. Just called them to get the current sale price: $600 shipped.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you call and get a price from them and verify stock but DO NOT tell them that you have the code. I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and they were showing in-stock on the website but they cancelled my order an hour or so later when they found that they were out of stock. I assumed that they booted it because I used an old code. I called and they let me re-order them AND used the code, but I had no choice other than to tell them the code so that they could place the order with a note that I'd wait until they came back in stock. Maybe nobody there cares about the code being old, but don't ruin it for others if they DO care.

If you verify that they have them in stock, then order them online and use the code. Google is your friend. Hint: The code was a 2010 code.

FYI- My "backordered" struts came in about a week later.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/phenryiv1/WRX/IMAG0365.jpg

Archived