LegacyGT.com

Need Opinions!!

Is this Rice or Nice?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is this Rice or Nice?

• This is nice!
    • This is rice!

This is INGS+1 complete body kit. INGS+1 usually makes very clean kits that don't look too rice.

http://www.lxsport.jp/english/bodykit/legacy-b4d/zoom/imgs/01.jpg

http://www.lxsport.jp/english/bodykit/legacy-b4d/zoom/imgs/02.jpg

http://www.lxsport.jp/english/bodykit/legacy-b4d/zoom/imgs/05.jpg

http://www.lxsport.jp/english/bodykit/legacy-b4d/imgs/photo-01.jpg

SO CLEAN (ignore the ricer wheels)! The body kit costs $1800 for the front bumper, side skirts! The rear bumper is using an insert (the black part with mesh).

I want to get people's opinions on this. Maybe some of you have done body conversions on a 2008-09 Legacy and could give some advice? Since the JDM conversion will cost double this body kit, I figure go this route later down the line, possibly 3 - 4 years from now so the car can look fresh again.

Thanks for your time.

Pricci09, the rear bumper is OEM with that insert that sits above the mufflers.

More opinions please. I like this feedback. I'm trying to decide if this is a mistake or not by getting some feedback from others.

I think its pretty sexy. Not a big fan of the side skirt, but I like the front and rear bumper. Its not over the top like a ricer kit, so I'd say if you have the money to spend on it, go ahead.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I like it overall. Least favorite part is the front bumper around the fog lights, but one of the least ricer body kits I've seen. I'd rather have a kit that widened the fenders for more tire clearance, but can't have everything!

I think the package looks great, less the wing- which is too prominent. My favourite aftermarket grille, bar none. Looks professional, without being tacky and kiddish. Closer to what I'd call a "gentleman's express". And each to their own. One thing- you wont look like everyone else...

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for the comments. Again, my goal is to break away from the USDM look and be as close to JDM as possible, without breaking the bank to look JDM.

I have to admit, the front grill does look very professional. The rest of the kit is quite gorgeous as well. But as far as the side skirts, they are ground effects mainly. From what I learned on the phone (Vividracing.com is the distributor here), the side skirts are only 1.5 inches longer than our stock. The side skirts go down to the very edge of the stock rocker panel. So it is not too big, if that is the case.

If I were to only get the front bumper, then it will be sitting lower than the rest of the car and will throw the lines off and look a bit more rice.

Damnable SOA... why can't they just leave the JDM look...

Wow, looks like people are voting nice on this! I thought it would be the opposite.

Anyways, after talking with a friend on the phone last night, he said that this kit would only look good if I got the +38 offset 19x8 wheels like in the picture. I did not think so. I argued that the car looks extremely rice with the wheels and that I thought it would look just as good with a Team Dynamics Race 1.2 wheel in 17x8 with 48 offset.

What do you guys think? Please keep the comments coming! :)

side skirts and front bumper are alittle too bulky. the rear bumper is awsome.

I agree with this guy. I think it looks good though. Might look better with 19" wheels (only because of how "thick" those side skirts are).

I think I just threw up a little bit.

The rear is nice, but it's also mostly stock. Although adding black plastic looks a lot cheaper than the OEM fully painted bumper. Black unpainted plastic doesn't belong on a car.

Maybe the sides are a bit chunky.

But you know what? If YOU like it- then do it.

I'll never mod a car to please someone else- I'll do it for me.

Life's too short not to enjoy your ride.

I remember listening to my know-it-all little brother. He would bitch at anything my friends did to their cars. Nothing was as good as what he'd do. And yet, everything he drove was a piece of sh*t. Complained about my house all the time- and lived in an appartment.

So if you like it, go for it.

Not comparring anyone to my slack-a$$ brother. I'm sure many of you have nice rides. It's just that sometimes peoples comments remind me of him...

If you want it- do it. I wish I had your money to throw at my car right now!

Been thinking about what I wrote earlier today...

A little harsh. Looks like I'm attacking the opinions of people simply giving them.

Appologies to all.

I simply think that you should do as you feel. If we were all to have the same cars, there would not be all the good aftermarket companies we have.

So take stock of all opinions, and do what you feel.

Best of luck...

Hey jimaa66, the reason I am asking for people's opinions is simple: I need to make sure I am not booty blind. I have a habit of seeing something cool to me, then all of the sudden, I find out it is a turd. LoL!

The opinions so far are great, especially about the side skirts. The only problem is if I just buy the front bumper and the rear insert for my rear bumper, the center lines is going to poop on the car's overall lines. So now I ask, what side skirt do people recommend? How about if I chose to go with the side spats on the rockers and rear bumper, plus the front bumper?

Hey jimaa66, the reason I am asking for people's opinions is simple: I need to make sure I am not booty blind. I have a habit of seeing something cool to me, then all of the sudden, I find out it is a turd. LoL!

The opinions so far are great, especially about the side skirts. The only problem is if I just buy the front bumper and the rear insert for my rear bumper, the center lines is going to poop on the car's overall lines. So now I ask, what side skirt do people recommend? How about if I chose to go with the side spats on the rockers and rear bumper, plus the front bumper? The side spats are found on JDM cars and really add some character.

http://www.yourhotcar.com/prod/Extreme_Dimensions/Body_Kits_&_Conversions/Front_Bumper/Subaru_Legacy_Extreme_Dimensions_Duraflex_Fiberglass_Wings_Front_Bumper_-_105443/770573/

Here is a direct copy of the ings+1 front bumper in the same duraflex material or as ings+1 calls it, hybrid aero material. This is just the bumper, and costs thousands less.

Think it would be a better option versus the ings+1?

Not bad at all.... but I still voted 'Rice'. Sorry.

But what's with the "Ignore the Ricer wheels" comment - I love those wheels!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived