LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

ClimberD: you have a killer product on your hands! I love it!

My tranny performed perfectly yesterday at Miller Motorsports Park, Full track for the IRPCA HPDE season finale.

Both manual and auto modes were flawless.......... for 1 1/2 very spirited laps, chasing down a spankin-new Porsche GT3 RS in the corners before he dropped me like a hot rock on the front straight. ( I caught him 2 corners later :) !

This was all before my BNR 16G took a dump on me and gave out after 2,200 miles. 1 1/2 laps into a 4x40 minute session day at the track. Bummer! Its already in a box and on its way to BNR for warranty exchange.

ClimberD: You've got a killer product and my tranny is amazing compared to last year's track results and experience. Thank you!

Sweet. Sport is a little harsh for my tastes (unless I'm driving like a mad man, in which case it's quite nice). I think a future softer version will be coming out soon, which will be mostly for the Stage 1 and mild power people who are interested in better tranny life without any desire to go fast other than to merge into traffic or pass on a two-lane road here and there.

Edit: I should clarify, most of my driving is in traffic where you don't have any shot at accelerating like the car can, so I just stay in Drive for that.

Edited by ClimberD@HexMods
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

on my 08, in 2nd, I can shift to third at high RPM (maybe 6ish) and it'll take long enough that I'll bounce off the rev limiter....

doccrowley's endorsement makes this mod look like the ultimate transmission mod.

I feel a Hexmods sponsorship deal in the making for the upcoming Wintercross Series ;).

Just kidding. I don't see a local market for 5EAT mods at the track as I'm the only auto subie racing let alone the only other auto in the series is a GTi of 50 cars total.

Love my tranny now, thanks ClimberD for your efforts and knowledge!

I know what that's like, I have one of two 'heavily modified' Legacy GT 5EATs in Texas. Texas is a MASSIVE state of car enthusiasts. At least no one here knows what my car is.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I feel a Hexmods sponsorship deal in the making for the upcoming Wintercross Series ;).

Just kidding. I don't see a local market for 5EAT mods at the track as I'm the only auto subie racing let alone the only other auto in the series is a GTi of 50 cars total.

Love my tranny now, thanks ClimberD for your efforts and knowledge!

heh, I would SO pimp ClimberD if he comes through on the 08. Seriously, my car is fast in gear, but the gearchanges....whimper....

I would totally rock out a giant vinyl on my hood at every autocross/track event I did if the 08s come through. And I would save a spot for another sticker on my roof rack fairing that I rock all winter long.
It's cool; I'm with the band

on my 08, in 2nd, I can shift to third at high RPM (maybe 6ish) and it'll take long enough that I'll bounce off the rev limiter....

doccrowley's endorsement makes this mod look like the ultimate transmission mod.

Hmm. My '08 has never limited revs per se. It just shifts by default.

Are you saying your car does not force a shift at 6500 RPM or so? I don't think I've heard of an '08 doing what you describe.

Hmm. My '08 has never limited revs per se. It just shifts by default.

Are you saying your car does not force a shift at 6500 RPM or so? I don't think I've heard of an '08 doing what you describe.

No, it was trying to shift, it said "3" on the dashboard, but hadn't shifted yet.

The way it's done is kind of misleading. The TCU calculates what forward gear you are in based on MPH and RPM. The trans never has any idea of anything, it just energizes certain solenoids and 'hopes' that the intended clutch packs are actually grabbed. It logs how long it took RPM to change, references it against a preset goal of how long it should take, and then learns to add or subtract solenoid PWM duty cycle next shift of same gear. In that way, the trans is simple. Sort of. It does all the extraneous calculations slowly on the 05s: logging what gear you're in is seriously laggy. There are of course other laggy things, well pretty much everything involving the stock 5eat, both 1st and 2nd gen... Edited by ClimberD@HexMods

Hey I've got the valve body mod and it is slamming into my rev limiter at WOT on normal Dr and sport this happens in 1 and 2 nd gear so I have had to use manual. Any ideas? Edited by stikiller

^^ how many miles have you run the VB? Mine shifted extremely harsh for approx 80 miles.

Then again, mine shifts harshly today as I'm breaking in a BNR hta68. And that is while only running the turbo on the wastegate only (upgraded BNR wastegate). Curious to see how it learns in the next 2 days before the pump gas tune on Tuesday.

I have bout 1100 on the vb and the mods and it shifts great when it does shift on time but most the time I hit my fuel cut off which is 6750 I think

hta68 turbo

forced performance oil line

walbro fuel pump

pe 850cc injectors

e85

agency power elh

grimmspeed ewg upipe

tial 38 mm

stock boost solenoid

invidia downpipe

greddy evo2 cbe

tgv deletes

perrin tmic

perrin turbo inlet hose

aem cai

hks ssqv3 vent to atm

5eat hexmods valvebody so so worth the money!!!

defi boost and egt gauge

Who did your tune?

Clark Turner and Dave Brown had a Dyno day today at NoLimit Motorsports. There is a big Subaru meet at the Nassau Coliseum SCCA Auto-X tomorrow also. (8:30AM registration) Bring by the Legacy Jim! :)

Was pretty cool. Got two tuners for the price of one. :)

I have bout 1100 on the vb and the mods and it shifts great when it does shift on time but most the time I hit my fuel cut off which is 6750 I think

hta68 turbo

hks ssqv3 vent to atm

My OEM 5EAT hated the elimination of my recirc valve when I switched to an hks BOV. Lasted one week before I reverted back to OEM recirc. BOV was the beginning of all the problems with my tranny.

And, I only use manual mode now with my 3rd 5EAT and breaking in my hta68.

Why is your fuel that 6750? I have mine set at 7200 rpms in my 5mt.

hta68 turbo

forced performance oil line

walbro fuel pump

pe 850cc injectors

e85

agency power elh

grimmspeed ewg upipe

tial 38 mm

stock boost solenoid

invidia downpipe

greddy evo2 cbe

tgv deletes

perrin tmic

perrin turbo inlet hose

aem cai

hks ssqv3 vent to atm

defi boost and egt gauge

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com