LegacyGT.com

Power window problem

I just purchased a used 2005 Legacy wagon. I love it, but just realized the rear driver side window will not roll down. I am just curious if there is something I should do first before I start diagnosing. I was wondering is this a common problem. Any advise would be great. Thanks in advance.

Yeah all of the windows work great,except the rear drivers window doesn't work at all. Neither of the two switches for that window will make it roll down. The lights on the switches light up.

I would check the regulator/switch
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...

My front driver side window got a new switch installed when i bought the car at the dealer (Baretta Subaru in MA) and three days after having the car it wont go down.

Curious if everybodys rear windows go down on an angle? They look like they slid down and are broken but they straighten out and go back up just fine.

Bringing the car back to the dealer on Monday to get what they are guessing to be a new window motor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
Hi - been doing a lot of tests to figure out why my '09 Legacy right rear window doesn't operate, since I started a thread in Mar & Apr. I think it may be a bad motor. I'm not going go thru all the things I've already done. Yesterday I had the rear door panel off, pulled down the the moisture seal & tested the window motor with 2 leads from my battery (pos & neg) & the motor did not move or make a sound. Just one thing, I keep hearing that it could be a bad regulator? Wear is this regular & are there one for each door?

• 1 year later...