LegacyGT.com

06 LGT w/29000 miles - Do I have warranty?

I purchased an 06 LGT Limited from a Porsche/Mercedes dealer about a month ago. They were indicating that the car had no factory warranty and only their standard 3 month/3000mile 50/50 warranty.

I had always read that the warranty on the 06 was 60,000 miles or 5 years for the powertrain with a $35 warranty transfer fee.

My question is...I just threw a CEL and am worried that it may be a turbo issue. How do I check about the warranty? Do I have to wait for paperwork before I take it and request warranty work?

Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: Factory power-train warranty goes with the car and doesn't require any paperwork for transfer!

I purchased an 06 LGT Limited from a Porsche/Mercedes dealer about a month ago. They were indicating that the car had no factory warranty and only their standard 3 month/3000mile 50/50 warranty.

I had always read that the warranty on the 06 was 60,000 miles or 5 years for the powertrain with a $35 warranty transfer fee.

My question is...I just threw a CEL and am worried that it may be a turbo issue. How do I check about the warranty? Do I have to wait for paperwork before I take it and request warranty work?

Thanks for any help.

It is my understanding from the last "used" vehicle I was involved in the purchase process that if it is still under factory warranty you do have to have it transfered and I was told it had to be by the dealer who sold the vehicle not sure of the fee though... I am sure someone will know more facts than I do. As for the CEL why dont you go get it checked at a parts store that does it free just to make sure if it is a park it serious problem or just an emissions system. JMO though...

Go to a Subaru dealer. They whould be able to explain the details to you regarding the warrany and transfer. I am assuming that it does not have a "marked" title...salvage...it is worded differently in some states. That is the only thing I could see that would make the factory warranty invalid.
It is still ugly.

Initial reports are that the warranty goes with the car...service clerk is looking into it for me.

Getting my 30,000 mile service done.

Transmission fluid flush.

Coolant flush.

Front and Rear Diff flush.

He said he will check brake fluid and air filter but didn't think they needed replacement.

Archived