LegacyGT.com

HELP!!! miss fire

Guys, my 05 LGT got miss fire, unstable idling and engine light on, brought it to Subaru dealer, they replaced ECM (warranty) and O2 sensor (paid), and they said my spark plugs also need to replace... but they charge $300... so I took back from them.. (actually when I took it problem still here like before)...20 mins after engine light back on... brought it back... shows (cylinder 2&4 miss fire).. so I'd decided let my shop work on it (I work at Honda)... so I'd replaced plugs... same problem... called Subaru they said try to swap fuel injectors or replaced 2 injectors or all coils... I'm looking at fuel injector $240/each, coil $140/each + labours... for TRYING!! I'm working at Honda so I dunno much about Subaru...:confused:

Please give me some advice on this situation.

Thanks

Can you post all codes you have?

In any case - that may mean that you have a problem that is common for all cylinders. Bad fuel pressure, loose hose, bad O2 sensor, bad or dirty MAF, electrical problem etc. Check/replace fuel filter.

Since you work at Honda you may at least be able to test the fuel pressure. And an engine is an engine - the main difference is the layout.

And while you are at it - check for unwanted visitor in the air box. It happens sometimes.

Another issue that can cause this problem is the fuel. If you did fill bad fuel lately that may be the culprit. At worst you may have gotten E85 instead of gasoline which causes the car to run lean. If you did get Diesel you would probably have realized it by now.

453747.png

My car stay in the shop for the weekend. Like I said been replace O2 sensor & spark plugs. I'll get my tech diag... fuel pressure test and swap injectors on Monday. I'll update when I get fault code.

Thanks & appreciate

what cylinders are misfiring exactly just 2&4 or all, i would say do a vacuum check first, had a similar problem with my car, turns out it was a vacuum line under the intake and another going into the bov

Archived