LegacyGT.com

Good deal 05GT Wagon

Prelude00

Looking at a 05 Gt wagon in FL. Price is 13,999. Miles are 59K. This is a non-limited. Awaiting service history and Experien check from the dealer but looks good in the pictures. I wish it was a limited but it is hard enough finding a used GT here let alone a wagon. I am thinking of coverting to leather after purchase. Does this sound like a good deal.

Assuming you've read the recent posts concerning this same car i can attest to the rarity of these things. Is it a stick? They're highly sought after, although, i don't know why as subaru manuals aren't the best. sloppy, notchy,.... as much as i don't like hondas they do have great shifters...anyway, the miles are nice on this car. Assuming it checks out, as you may have read, maintenance, (read reg oil changes) are key to longevity of the turbo. If you can verify this then the price, with the low miles, is in the ballpark. Check out edmunds.com, offer private party value and ask them to throw in an extended powertrain warranty, especially if they can't verify oil changes, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard major complaints about the 5EAT (auto). There's another current thread with good advice on what to check for issues. And yes, do look it over with care, hopefully all the electronics are in good shape and oil change history is good.

And yes, I'll confirm that GT manual wagons are kinda rare to find used... but they're out there if you're patient... :)

Archived