LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! The communication between modules is all CAN of course, so there is a chance the data strings are all the same. The RomRaider devs might know more. But it can absolutely work with enough stuff swapped. Hopefully the 2.5i crank trigger is the same as 2.5GT.

FSM has the pinouts. Might need to cut and crimp something, no big deal. Would need to reflash the ECU at stealership.

Check whether the BIU is the same part number...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Hopefully the 2.5i crank trigger is the same as 2.5GT.

It should be, but the cam sensors are certainly different. Probably the biggest nightmare will be getting the whole HVAC thing to play nice. :eek:

I am thinking that putting a wheel and sensor on an accessory pulley will cause you the least amount of grief. Have you thought about fitting the Subaru wheel (or a mock-up) to the camshaft chainwheel and mounting the sensor to the inside of the timing cover?

OR, it should be possible to fake a cam sensor pulse from an output from the Megasquirt, like the ignition output to two cylinders (assuming you are running wasted spark) since the frequency would be half of crankshaft speed.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

It should be, but the cam sensors are certainly different. Probably the biggest nightmare will be getting the whole HVAC thing to play nice. :eek:

I am thinking that putting a wheel and sensor on an accessory pulley will cause you the least amount of grief. Have you thought about fitting the Subaru wheel (or a mock-up) to the camshaft chainwheel and mounting the sensor to the inside of the timing cover?

OR, it should be possible to fake a cam sensor pulse from an output from the Megasquirt, like the ignition output to two cylinders (assuming you are running wasted spark) since the frequency would be half of crankshaft speed.

no cam sensor ! .. like i said i disconnected it and the car starts right up .. just disable the p codes and dun ..

the crank sensor are the same.

reflash at the stealer ship ? why ? this is only to make the dash board work nicely with the buick or other engine swap..

hvac.. i dunno .. i have that 2.5I subie sittin here i guess i could jsut swap it over and try it .. but after i come back from michigan ..

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

BIU should control HVAC.

It does as far as I know.

You could get a 2.5i with automatic climate control (in 2009 at least, the 2.5i Limited Outback had all the trimmings of the 2.5XT and 3.0R Limited, without the cool motor).

I bet you could get a 2.5i ECU to work in your "GT" without too much heartache.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...
OOH you got her looking pretty. Is that with stock suspension, and is there anything in backseat or trunk in those photos? And she'll be shifting nice too ;)
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I LOL'd at the third pic.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

OOH you got her looking pretty. Is that with stock suspension, and is there anything in backseat or trunk in those photos? And she'll be shifting nice too ;)

the second pic is under hard acceleration !

normally the car sits perfectly level as it did stock .

normally the car sits perfectly level as it did stock .

Was that scale weight with you sitting in it? VB shifting like utter crap or starting to smooth out?

scale weight of my car with me in it is 3550 lbs and near full tank of gas

in sport mode the shifting is kinda ok .. in auto mode it hits the revlimiter

Which would also explain the exhaust cloud behind the car...:)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Which would also explain the exhaust cloud behind the car...:)

Oh... I thought it was a demonstration of redshift...

scale weight of my car with me in it is 3550 lbs and near full tank of gas

in sport mode the shifting is kinda ok .. in auto mode it hits the revlimiter

that is not the weight I had heard previously, but with that weight how can I say no?! Stock sedan 5eat curb weight is what, 3450?

Give the 5eat time to learn again! Mine shifts at 6600 on the dime! If you're hitting the limiter, give it time. If it doesn't learn how to handle it, then something's off with your system vs the others.

that is not the weight I had heard previously, but with that weight how can I say no?! Stock sedan 5eat curb weight is what, 3450?

Give the 5eat time to learn again! Mine shifts at 6600 on the dime! If you're hitting the limiter, give it time. If it doesn't learn how to handle it, then something's off with your system vs the others.

oh i didn't install it yet ! .. its sittin on the table ready to go in !

the best thing is the drive-ability of this thing. its amazing in city traffic. dirrting light acceleration the turbo is right there, so i need the power its instant for a quick merge.

the exhaust tone of this thing is nice on the highway also. its a light humm not very loud can still hear the tire noise.

i think i'll install that modded valve body now