LegacyGT.com

Upgrade from 2014 Legacy stock tires

Raxman

I find the stock tires on my 2014 legacy 2.5i convenience package, transmit every road surface imperfection and produces a hum at highway speeds . I also spotted the same tires on a new Sentra! Anyone upgrade stock tires for a more comfortable and quiet ride and what brand and model did you use? I have the 17in cast rims. Thanks

What is the tire size?

Krzys

PS If Sentra has the same brand and model of the tire like your Legacy it means nothing, except that it was made by the same company. OE tires are made for car manufacturer specification.

Perheps yes but you may have clearance issues, odometer and speedometer accuracy.

Go to tirerack.com and look for Grand Touring AS (if you want all season tires) in your size.

Check Consumer Report Nov issue at the local library too.

Do you care about anything else except noice? Wet, snow, ice?

Krzys

I would use winter tires and steel rims - 16 in, november to april, and the 17in all seasons the rest of the year. I believe you can safely go up 10 percent in size, lets say to a 215 55 R17 AS tire. Not sure if this would make any difference in ride quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tires: 215/50 R17 90V Bridgestone® Turanza™ EL400 All-Season

Would a higher sidewall help perhaps?…………...

Sometimes going smaller, e.g. down to a 16" wheel with a /55 or /60 tire, can help with the ride.

But not always. CR did a 1" downsize on a Toyota Avalon, and did not get a significant ride improvement.

If you want comfort look for comfortable tires (CR is good source for this info).

You will much better gain from changing tire model/brand than from changing tire size on the same rim.

Another option, if comfort is most important, run 16" year round.

I think rule of thumb is +-3% of whole diameter.

Krzys

Archived