LegacyGT.com

A few issues popped up

Figures as soon as it starts snowing things start going wrong with my car.

First off as of yesterday every time I turn the heat on in my car I get a faint smell of gas. Mostly when I am stopped at a light. I check the drive way/ parking space at work and didn't see anything on the ground. I also checked under the hood but no smell and nothing looked wet. Any ideas where to look?

The next issue isn't as bad but since the temps have dropped my driver side door keeps flashing open. Nothing seems to be in the way or bent.

my driver side door keeps flashing open.
there is something causing this , but until you find it,

you can glue a nickle to the drivers door where the push button touches it.

it works great.

you might grab the push button on the door frame and see if it is loose.

does the door close completely?

my 00 has the weather stripping loose,

it makes it hard to close the door securely.

could be a gummed up switch on the door, when it gets colder the gunk in there gets thicker as well. could be making the connection difficult. for the fuel smell, first thing i would check is the rail connections and the filter connections.

The other day I had a chance to look for the gas smell and found a little 3in rubber hose that was wet with gas. The smell seems to have stopped so I have done anything yet but this weekend I will be looking it over and maybe replace the hose and claps.

As for the door I think I figured it out. There was a black plastic cover around the U bracket. Removed the part the latch hits and now all is good.

513722320_2014-11-2110_29_58.thumb.jpg.4a80e7e69cb1e286b0d2aff27101cffe.jpg

Archived