LegacyGT.com

Hey guys probably a dumb question but what are some suggestions for fixing or finding out y I'm getting poor mileage still with no snow rack or winter tires on. I've replaced my maf sensor bc my old one was acting up and went back to stock intake filter but still averaging out at 18.3 that just seems really low to me. So I'll take the harassment if it's a dumb repetitive question because I'm still new to learning on cars lol and I only know some stuff bc of these pages. Anything is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't own a LGT, but it looks like they're epa rated 17 city/19 combined/23 highway. Based off the epa estimates, 18mpg really isn't that bad.

In my non-turbo legacy I'll average anywhere between 21mpg-27mpg, typically 23-24mpg though. EPA estimates for my car are 20 city/22 combined/27 highway.

Where do you do most of your driving, around town/highway/both? I think a lot of people exaggerate with their mpg claims, so I wouldn't believe everything you read if you've seen people report numbers much higher than yours.

Subscribed... you're doing better than me. I'm getting 14-16.5isk, but I will say I have a grin on my face when I hit that accelerator. I do need to take it in and get the 90k and soon to be (just hit 92k this morning) 100k service done though. Oh and I'm mostly highway.

I'm getting ~23-24mpg average in my LGT wagon with snow tires(General Altimax Arctics, about the same MPG with the old EJ255 and current EJ207). Mostly highway, of course, but the lowest I ever got was maybe 18-19mpg with the old EJ255 when it started dying.

Shreddy what year is your LGT? and do you have any mods?

in my bone stock '12 I get a combined 21ish and about 26 when I drive long distances. of course I get 18 if its nice out and 12 when the road is covered in snow hahahaha, but hey I get excited.

im in an 07 LGT with all seasons and my alignment is slightly off, for the first few months i was averaging 15-16 mpg because well new car and snow made me excited. now that im driving a bit more docile on mainly 45mph roads im averaging around 20 mpg. I dont think 18 is terrible, do you stop at a lot of lights on your daily commute?

All depends how and where you drive, and the condition of your car. The worst I saw was 21 this winter. In the summer around 25. Most of my communte is highway or backroads though. Stop and go will kill your MPG, as will the lead foot. Making sure your car is mechanically sound will go a long way as well.

Winter gas mileage for 100% bone stock for me has been 15mpg city and 25mpg highway driving it nicely.

This is actual MPG not gauge MPG, I've seen the gauge be more then 10% off in both directions.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

It all depends on your driving style.

The tune in the car show help some. My wagon at stage 2 with a custom tune get's 24mpg around town and 27+mpg on the highway, driving 68-72mph.

If I play with it on the backroads, "lots of boost" the mpg will drop.

My Spec B has gotten over 30mpg on the highway, but that's not the norm. It's about 25-26mpg. Backroads is about 22-23mpg. It also has a tune but is still stage 1.

When I get around to putting a 3" dp on the spec, I hope the mpg goes up like my wagon gets.

If you do a lot of stop and go driving, starting and shutting it off, letting it warm up, that all kills mpg.

I start my cars and drive them no warming it up. My DD to work is 32 miles one way. mostly highway.

Oh, IMO these cars do not do well in stop and go traffic or being used for short drives.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ripstik it's a 05 only mod is a cat back exhaust but it was running low mpg before that. I drive 50/50 try staying away from stop n go traffic as much as possible I hate traffic. Yea freeway it seems like it does better just never changes it's been 18.3 for a while now I drive lots of freeway every weekend and majority on my commute to work. I've eased up with being speedy Gonzales n jumping off the line tho it is fun but thanks for all the input sounds like it's normal ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 100 miles on this tank full, the dash was reading 26.4mpg on the back roads before I started to climb mountain, still about 9 miles from home. Up the first long hill I passed two pick up on a 3rd gear roll on. When I got close to the house the dash read 25.4mpg.

Yes I know the dash is optimistic. By about .6-.8 mpg.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Reading you guys about your mpg average, just make me sad... lol.

I think that its impossible to get good numbers on mpg in my country, where i live its heavy traffic everywhere, plus everybody have bad driving habits, gasoline its bad, low octane, i have to constantly add "octane boosters" or buy some galons of imported high octane gasoline...

My very best was 14.7mpg on a 05 Legacy 2.5GT, almost no boost by the way..., worst was 12.1mpg.

To work in the AM, 65mph or so. On the drive to VT and back on the weekends, 70-74mph. There may be a couple of blast to higher speeds if needed.

Even with going home on the back roads running errands, yesterday at 286 miles the dash red 25.2mpg. Haven't gone home on the highway this week yet. Tonight will be the first time. This has been a short week, only 4 day's. Skiied on Monday.

I've got a custom stage 1 tune and I do tend to cruise around 80 and get 24mpg average. But I'm in flat corn field territory. I also have flexible hours at work so I avoid most of the traffic. My GTI on the same drive would average 30...and my old Celica 34.

Archived