LegacyGT.com

Disrespecting Vendors

Tide

Welcome,

We just wanted to make it clear that all Vendors deserve the same respect that every other poster here deserves, but honestly probably moreso. This includes:

- Keeping the post/thread on-topic

- Be respectful of the Vendor.

- Ask good questions, wait for good answers.

- Do not participate when threads have derailed.

- Be patient when waiting for replies, or staff help.

Keep in mind that Vendors are what pay to make this site run. Making this site a negative experience for them, the staff, or for other members here will be given our full attention and potentially removing of posting privileges in this area.

Edited by Tide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome,

We just wanted to make it clear that all Vendors deserve the same respect that every other poster here deserves,

so absolutely none? right? I mean, based on what I observe daily on the forum this place is just short of NASIOC in the member to member treatment department.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Just a general statement here guys, don't get all ruffled about it. IMO if you have a vendor problem you should do everything in your power to reslove it before you start posting a rant. I am sure most vendors would respond in a timely fashon.

Shouldn't the people who were supposed to be banned for poor behavior actually be banned rather than just given warnings?

because the majority of us hecklers actually help people on the forum also, and have fun sometimes. need to have a healthy balance in order to not become bored to absolute death on this forum. When you've been on the forum for years and see the same thread question thats been asked just the day before, you can't help but heckle because the poster was too lazy to search the forum.

Also, a brand new member who also becomes a vendor immediately with a questionably thought-out company name is bound to feel the heat. Proclaiming products that are nearly too-good-to-be-true for the price without any factual data, testing, or even a website is BOUND to be questioned on their intentions on this forum. This was a classic case of jumping the gun in a very critical automotive forum.

because the majority of us hecklers actually help people on the forum also, and have fun sometimes. need to have a healthy balance in order to not become bored to absolute death on this forum. When you've been on the forum for years and see the same thread question thats been asked just the day before, you can't help but heckle because the poster was too lazy to search the forum.

Also, a brand new member who also becomes a vendor immediately with a questionably thought-out company name is bound to feel the heat. Proclaiming products that are nearly too-good-to-be-true for the price without any factual data, testing, or even a website is BOUND to be questioned on their intentions on this forum. This was a classic case of jumping the gun in a very critical automotive forum.

thank you jesbus for putting people like you on this planet to tell newbs to search.

thank you jesbus for putting people like you on this planet to tell newbs to search.

+1. Telling newbs to search on a conversational technical forum is great for encouraging active contributing membership.

- Ask good questions, wait for good answers.

And if good answers don't come?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I don't see a problem with b!tching on their vendor thread when they constantly dodge your issues/emails. If I've emailed a vendor several times and PM'ed and they've not replied back logic tells me that if I post my rant on their vendor page it will force a response.

Not trying to be malicious....I just want my service in a timely manner!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

it is.

and why?

because reading is how you learn. learning is why the forum exists.

There's a fine line between berating and helping.

Calling someone a stupid noob and and telling the to search is counter-intuitive to the desired result.

We were all new at one point. VBulletin, albeit simple for us, can be challenging for new members to navigate. Like any community new members need time to acclimate to their surroundings. This is why I created the new members thread.

Instead of berating new members, try simply welcoming them to the forum and posting a link to the thread that I created. 9 times out of 10 they read it and and attempt a search on there own. If they don't---it's not your or my place to "fix" them.

so is it disrespecting if I now go over to the vendor thread and post a rant because I've not received a reply back I was promosed to an email I sent at the beginning of this week? and when acknowledged and stated they would send an email yesterday afternoon and I've yet to receive it?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

so is it disrespecting if I now go over to the vendor thread and post a rant because I've not received a reply back I was promosed to an email I sent at the beginning of this week? and when acknowledged and stated they would send an email yesterday afternoon and I've yet to receive it?

Disrespectful. Don't even think about doing it. You even bringing that up here is skating on thin ice.

you've been fighting back and forth with him for quite some time haven't you :lol: I threw my diode kit in the HESS gas station trash a long time ago.

they honor their service guarantee....it's just delayed. think I'm going back to halogen for now:lol: