LegacyGT.com

Open Source Tune from Pirouz at DPS

vet

I pm'd lgtoncoke over on nasioc, haven't gotten a response. He was supposed to get a tune at DPS recently. Everyone says he does great work on WRX & STI. Should that translate to our LGT's?

I need to start posting more in this area.....

I just had a lot of work done at DPS.

Pirouz and Brian are very friendly, communicative, and knowledgable . DPS is now the only shop I deal with (including tunes :))

LGTONCOKE had his 5eat road tuned by him.

I plan on getting a simple OS stage 2 tune by him in a few weeks. I will let you know what happens.

If you go let him know Dave S with the silver LGT sent you ;)

dude they are the shit seriously man dps FTW Pirouz is the man he is always willing to work with u and get the job done. They are a very welcoming group of guys and i would recommend them to everyone "which i have"

yeah tell him matt with the white wagon sent you too... sorry dave.. think i dropped a little more mola there then you did lol

dude they are the shit seriously man dps FTW Pirouz is the man he is always willing to work with u and get the job done. They are a very welcoming group of guys and i would recommend them to everyone "which i have"

yeah tell him matt with the white wagon sent you too... sorry dave.. think i dropped a little more mola there then you did lol

Yeah you did haha :)

but yeah kudos to DPS!

Glad to hear you guys are more than satified with DPS. I'm ready to schedule an OS road tune with Pirouz and sell my AP. How will I know how much power I picked up without a dyno, logging g/sec thru the maf? I've got a WI setup so I hope he's familiar with tuning WI/meth. Is $350 is the going rate for a road tune?

Well from looking at a few shops the going rate is $200-250 per hour for protuning.

I am pretty sure Pirouz charges $350 to get the job done right.....

AS far as numbers, I think he can guesstimate with the software he has. I could care less what my numbers are though. I just want a very safe stg. 2 tune I can beat on every once in awhile.

• 10 months later...

BUmping this up to see if anyone else has gotten any stage 2+ tunes from him.

I have only used him for work aside from tuning. I bet he does top notch stuff, I just want to see examples :)

LoL...I am still running an old TDC tune :eek: for the past 3 years, but then I have not had any power mods since....only a full turbo back from a DP & axel back at the time of the tune. Anyway, I am looking into upgrading my turbo, injectors and pump so I will consider them when that time comes.

all depends...getting ur own tactrix cable and learning your own shit takes time plus the risk of blowing ur stuff up.... I would say get ur own tactrix cable learning reading up on stuff and all that but get a pro tune first hen learn ur stuff an F around.

sounds good. I am trying to decide if I should get the tactrix cable. But, I couldn't dump 300+ for it as of now I'm still researching if its a good investment.

http://www.tactrix.com/product_info.php?products_id=49&osCsid=710c373dc4fd235aba493d9933c0e3cf

Cable is $170 or so.. It's worth having even if you get a protune for doing data logs and running learning view to get an idea of how your tune is doing.

Archived