LegacyGT.com

JDM Projector foglights

Anyone here wired up fog lights on a car that didn't come with them? My 96 has the square-ish fogs not the longer rectangular ones, rather that's my bumper style. Do these cars have the wires already there in dash and bumper just not the switch or lights? I'm looking at getting the factory fog lights and wondered if it'd be a plug and play deal with just an alignment needed.

The new jurassic parked kicked a** :woowoo:

In my experience the only models that came with a separate fog light harness pre-wired without fog lights installed are the 96 lsi models. The fogs were a dealer option. I tore apart a lot of subarus at the junkyard and that was my finding. I've looked through over a hundred second gens at the yards out here.

It's pretty obvious if you have the separate harness. Follow the path that the wires would have to take to the fogs, and then there would be a thin harness going through the firewall.

You can buy the harness and projector fogs from the dealership according to SBT.

I posted pics of the harness I pulled here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fog-light-switch-wiring-187368.html

I even ripped out the harness plugs under the dash so I would know where to connect the wires, etc. Honestly it would be almost as easy to run your own harness as it would be to connect the factory harness.

any automotive relay could be used, a few bucks at any parts store. as for going off when the highs are on, ive always been asked the reverse... as in how to make them work with the high or lows are on. you could use the lo beam power to trigger the fogs, so they will only light up when your headlights are on and low beam is active. if i were to have them turn off with the hi beams, i would probably use the hi beam power wire to activate the coil (pins 85 and 86) and put the switch on 30, with the fog on 87A. that way, you could use the fogs anytime (30 to 87a is normally closed, so the switch would power the fogs any time, and the high beams would energize the relay and break the power to the circuit.) if you do it that way, make sure you test it to verify there is no power leaks or short possibilities.

http://www.mp3car.com/the-faq-emporium/117895-faq-relays-how-they-work-and-how-to-wire-it-up.html

theres a link for a good write up on relays and how to use them

actually, that may not work... lemme think about it.

Archived