LegacyGT.com

No downpipe?

Absurdly loud, big time heat problems. Likely to melt nearby wires and hoses.

If you don't relocate the forward O2 sensor to the uppipe it would have all sorts of running issues and codes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Would have hot exhaust leaving the turbo blasting your firewall. Not to mention the obnoxiously loud sound it would make. As others have asked why would you even entertain such a idea? What are you looking to get out of it? You can usually find a low mileage used 3 inch one here for pretty cheap.

I absolutely applaud asking the question instead of just trying it. Very smart choice.

Now, if you had a rear mounted turbo (near the muffler), it's something that you could actually think about doing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Man you guys are nearly as bad as the tools over on Nabisco!

If by this, you mean the OP, then you're correct. But, he's quite young, so he has a (sort-of) excuse/free pass; The guys who ask these kinds of questions on NASIOC are usually cheap-ass Mexicans who want to remove their mufflers and downpipe to make room for bigger fender flares and a full size standee of the Virgin Mary in the engine bay.

If by this, you mean the OP, then you're correct. But, he's quite young, so he has a (sort-of) excuse/free pass; The guys who ask these kinds of questions on NASIOC are usually cheap-ass Mexicans who want to remove their mufflers and downpipe to make room for bigger fender flares and a full size standee of the Virgin Mary in the engine bay.

Did you really have to go there with the mexican thing lol

May be he wanted to just duct the DP up through the hood, like they do on 8 second Civic's and Integra's. Tony Palo was the first to do it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived