LegacyGT.com

Looking for car smart person to take a quick ride this weekend, Boston area (or VT)

snow05gtRI

I just put some parts on my car (cobb DP, grimmspeed exhaust mani's, crossover, up, perrin TMIC) and I'm getting a funny squeak sound. I brought it to a tuner today to check it out and he tells me it's definitely not an UP leak as it is not a screaming whistle that gets really loud at high RPM. he seems to think it is normal operation and safe to tune.

think of a squeaky belt (the pulsing squeak sound) but much quieter.

I am looking for someone to just take a short ride in my car that knows what normal sounds should be coming from a modded LGT. My logs look fine apparently and the car feels fine, but the noise is just yelling NOT RIGHT at me. So i'm just looking for a second opinion on it so I can stop thinking about it if it is in fact normal.

I've retightened the TB hose to the IC, but thats all I've tried so far and it didnt help. if anything i feel like it got worse, but thats probably just placebo effect because now i'm listening for it all the time.

I'm going to VT tomorrow (I guess if any of you VT people live near Burlington, thats where I'll be weds/thurs) and coming back to Boston Friday afternoon. I could meet with you possibly that Friday if I get back early enough (got plans in the evening) or I could meet with you on Saturday afternoon (plans again in evening) or Sunday morning/afternoon (gotta work Sunday night at 8pm)

I would seriously appreciate it for anyone to help me ease my conscience haha :spin:

I had the same issue with my Perrin TMIC, I removed the TMIC, inspected all parts, then reinstalled it, the issue was the weak rubber portion going to the TB. Try placing a little lube on the rubber pieces when sliding it on.

If your going to take the hose off the TB, remove the rubber ring down there and do not lube it up! There is a white dot on the hose, it faces up at the 12:00 position. Get some new gear clamps too. FWIW, I don't trust that O ring supplied for the turbo side.......it did not fit well. If that is leaking, a Moroso/Felpro Chevy thermostat housing gasket works good. That is what I used on my X02 connection at the turbo. I'm free this week end to look at it, just let me know.

lol happy bday. my bday was tuesday and you didn't say happy bday to me. no love! again!

Our friendship is doomd!!, first I forgot your name, then the B day! :lol:

I usually check every morning to see who has a b day here too, Tuesday was an exception. Hold on a sec, consolation gift on the way.:cool:

OMG. that helmet is the awesome! thanks paul. :lol:

i would love to see the look on my wife's face if she saw me wearing that thing on the track. hahaahahahahaha.

MDork: is your dog playing with bucky ball? +1

OMG. that helmet is the awesome! thanks paul. :lol:

i would love to see the look on my wife's face if she saw me wearing that thing on the track. hahaahahahahaha.

MDork: is your dog playing with bucky ball? +1

yes my dog is a chemical engineer :spin:

yes my dog is a chemical engineer :spin:

Hey, this thread is looking for a "smart" person, your avaitar says your a dork?:lol::lol::lol: (jking);)

Speaking of chemical engineers and dogs, one time in chemistry I took a sample of my dogs saliva and grew it in a petri dish. My professor freaked when he opened it up and I told him where it came from:lol::lol::lol:.

thats more microbiology than chemistry. you should take some of your own saliva and see what grows. ;)

chemistry is more like:

H2O + O3 --> H2O2 + O2

or

my favorite:

2Li + 2H2O --> 2LiH + H2 + O2 (think BOOM!)

(ask me about this sometime when i was working out in berkeley and the fun we had off sather tower)

Hey, this thread is looking for a "smart" person, your avaitar says your a dork?:lol::lol::lol: (jking);)

Speaking of chemical engineers and dogs, one time in chemistry I took a sample of my dogs saliva and grew it in a petri dish. My professor freaked when he opened it up and I told him where it came from:lol::lol::lol:.

if i was smart i would be a geek. :confused:

i didn't say bomb. i said BOOM. boom is not not necessarily the sound from a bomb. it could be a sonic boom for instance. also, there are f bombs and the like.

Did you ever see "Meet the Parents"?

Quote; "You can't say bomb on an airplane!" (TSA agent)

Quote; " bomb bomb bomb bomb babomb babomb bomb" (Focker)

Archived