LegacyGT.com

Emergency Brake in the way?

Chadsc529

I am not quite sure where to have posted this, but I couldn't find this topic anywhere.

If I have overlooked a previous topic on this please let me know.

Ok, here goes. I am a fairly big guy, 6'2" 215lbs and am looking to buy an 07 LGT Spec.B However the problem I keep running into is that the position of the emergency brake keeps jabbing me in my right thigh no matter where I put the driver seat.

Has anyone run into this problem? Is there a way to fix/move the E Brake so it's not in the way so bad.

Anyone please help I really want to buy one of these, but that brake makes it so uncomfortable I am not sure if I could tolerate it on my hr. drive to work everyday.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.

Disclaimer: The above is for a 05 LGT un-limited wagon (which has a different seat)

I'm big than you (both measures)

As for the ebrake, you just really need to adjust your seating position, slam the seat all the way back and lower the seat to the ground. Its still there and my leg rubs against it, but no "jab"

Oh and stop keeping stuff in right front pockets.

FWIW, I just drove 2500mi and it was fine.

However, if you're serious, you need an extended test drive. If this is a new car, you should be able to get a dealer to allow you 24hrs once you explain the situation.

If you are talking about the brake handle that is positioned on the driver's side of the transmission tunnel, I have that problem also. I drive an '08 Impeza, but it has the same configuration, as I noticed when I did my test drives. I was wondering if it was bent a little toward the gear shift if it would pose any kind of safety hazard. It doesn't appear it would be in the way when making shifts. That might not be to hard to do.

Maybe I used the wrong word "jabbing", but it does rub into my thigh where as in my 95 Eclipse the E-Brake isn't even near where I sit.

I guess its just one of those things you get used to as you adjust to a different car.

Thanks everyone for the input on it and I will keep that in mind when I go test drive another one.

Chad - I'm quite a bit smaller and have found the ergonomic decision to place the brake lever where it is stupid as well. I think it is a bit of an anamoly for a Japanese car. What I can tell you is that you get used to it and eventually it becomes a non-issue.

Chad,

I've got you by a couple inches and a couple pounds. I initially found the E-Brake handle to just be an annoyance in the outer thigh. You will find the right position in the seat and it will soon become a non-issue.

-Sephon

Ok, here goes. I am a fairly big guy, 6'2" 215lbs and am looking to buy an 07 LGT Spec.B However the problem I keep running into is that the position of the emergency brake keeps jabbing me in my right thigh no matter where I put the driver seat.

I'm bigger and taller than you and the brake doesn't bother me. Maybe that's because I don't sit with my legs spread apart like a hooker in an Amsterdam red light district whore house window.

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Hahahahaha kinda harsh but still amusing. So at 213 and 6'2" I'm clinically obese? Keep in mind muscle does, in fact, weigh more than fat.

I forgot about this thread but I do recall trying to replicate the problem. Try driving with your seat further back and your legs straighter.

Archived