LegacyGT.com

Looking for apr?? Case and head bolts

Sup guys in the next few weeks I'll be working on a project for my wagon. I'm curious on a few things and hoping u guys can help. I looking for case bolts for a 2.2 block and head bolts for a 2.0 Rex. I kno I'll need a 2.0t ecu but what about the harness?? Please help

Sorry I was in a bit of a rush as I wrote this. Ok from the beginning.

I'm putting together an engine. 2.2 block with wrx 2.0 heads turboed. I'm going to put in some acl race bearings and blah blah blah. But my concerns are: where can I find the case and head bolts. Everyone I've talked to said go with apr. Where can I obtain these bolts.

And also. With this hybrid setup I'm curious as to what harness (if need be) should I use when I do the engine swap?

For case bolts go OEM, no need to spend money on ARP's.

For the head bolts you have two choices, ARP 2000 and Custom Aged 625+.

http://www.importimageracing.com/arp-head-studs-for-02-13-subaru-wrx-sti.html

http://www.importimageracing.com/arp-custom-age-head-stud-kit-subaru-ej-series-dohc.html

For what you are doing the ARP 2000's will be just fine.

Always run the matching harness and intake manifold to you heads.

so meaning arp's work on every block and only dohc heads right? never thought about this before, but who actually likes there sohc heads?

They make a set for both DOHC and SOHC in the ARP 2000 material and DOHC in the Custom Age 625+ material.

I'm not going 2.5. I'm doing 2.0 heads on a 2.2 block

Recipe for the DOHC EJ22 Turbo that you're trying to build:

205 Timing Belt & Pulleys.

205 Heads/Wiring/ECU/Intercooler/Intake-Exhaust manifolds.

205 Crank Gear (you MUST have this as it is what the ECU needs to determine crank position).

Turbo crossmember or cut crossmember w/welded reinforcement.

EJ22 Phase 2 MLS Gaskets (order them thick because the Phase 1 2.2 pistons clear the deck & the coolant passages match those of the 205 heads.)

Wiring for WRX dashboard (use the whole dash, if you can).

WRX fuel pump.

Keep your manual transmission (if you have one) but 2 extra holes may need to be drilled into the case where it connects to the engine.

Archived