LegacyGT.com

55w HIDs in foglights?

Pinky

Has anyone done this? I know a bunch of people have 55w kits in their low beams, but I didn't know if there would be any issue with putting them in the fogs. I had a 35w kit in there, but it took a dump, and I'm looking to get a little more out of the fogs output. Is the only difference between a 35w kit and a 55w kit just the ballast?

I've got 55W low beams and 35W fogs, both the Apexcone raptor V2 kits. Only had one problem but that was a cracked bulb from running over a cone at the track and taking out the light. Fixture was ok, just bulb cracked and got a replacement for $15.

Also, I was told by DDMtuning.com that a 55W would melt my fog housing and they wouldn't well them to me when I made my first purchase. I strongly feel that is incorrect info for the LegGT housing. I don' think it would melt. I've now got 5 sets of DDM's hid's in my cars and love all of them over the past year.

I'd love the 55 w fogs, but as it is I get plenty of upset folks when I run the lows and fogs at same time.

Good luck!

I have the raptor V2 in the low beams and had the original apexcones in the fogs. Am I correct by saying that the only difference between a 35w and 55w kit is the ballast? If so and the 55w kit doesn't work out in the fogs, I could just swap out the ballasts with the low beams. Or I could do the upgrade the right way and replace the fogs all together with better projectors.

Archived