LegacyGT.com

can this be hammered out or should i replace the bumper?

short version: got rear ended.. here is the only damage, trunk lines up, looks like the damage is limited to the bumper except for a tiny scuff. does it look like this can be hammered out and re-painted, or does the bumper need to be replaced?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l48/spinny2559/1227081202.jpg

i had the same thing happen to me in a home depot parking lot (while i was picking up tint for my tailights) someone backed into me, since i was short on dough a friend and i heated it up and popped it out. you cant tell unless your close up, works fine for now.

I would get it replaced, I was rearended in my old car, all it did was scratch a little, and imprint their license plate #s on my bumper. Wasnt very noticiable since car was black. But after about a year or so the paint on my bumper just started cracking and lots of spiderweb cracks.

LOL, I was just talking about this the other day with a co-worker. I got rear ended in my Honda 2 times in 3 months. The first time was by 2 lesbians that weren't paying attention when I stopped behind another car letting someone cross the street. The second time I parked the car in a parallel space and some old guy thought he could do parallel parking and drove right into the back bumper.

Anyway back to the heating & popping out topic. I need to do that on my front and rear bumper. But it's a little cold to be fiddling with taking off the bumpers.

Archived