LegacyGT.com

A few questions here

I have been looking all day and I have had no luck on finding what my problem is. ALL my dash lights went out with my center consul. The first thing I did was change the fuse then as soon as I put the new one in it pops. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I've kinda gotten used to it but if its a easy if I will fix it.

Also did all 2nd gen outbacks come with keyless entry? If they didn't were can I look to see If mine did.

^ you have a short somewhere. Installed anything recently?

No, many do not have keyless entry...optional feature for that model/year:

http://www.cars101.com/outback_archive98-99.html

If you have it, you can verify by looking under the driver's side footwell. It will be a black box / module. If not, you can have an aftermarket unit of your choice installed if you have powered door locks ... I recently had a keyless entry / alarm system installed on my '98 Legacy Wagon.

I have a alpine, I'm thinking about just losing the head unit all together, and getting a 4 channle amp them getting a aux hook up for it. But for now ill pull my head unit out and see if there is any thing that could be a short. I also sound matted my door and put boss 6 1/2s it sounds good.

Archived