LegacyGT.com

I Just Want Sound

sirbOOm

you could have the resonator cut out of the y pipe and run stright pipes form the mid pipe back. that will defintaley give you sound, but more logically you can take off the muffler and put staight tips from you local exhaust shop. this will give you a chance to switch between the 2 for really cheap

I'm surprised no one has suggested the really really CHEAP alternative.

just make the boxer sound with your mouth :)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I don't know what is so awful about wanting a little sound from the exhaust without needing a power surge? The car already has 250HP (or 245HP, depending where you look; I like the former number best). The sound makes it easier for me to know when to shift the M/T, especially rev matching which I haven't been able to get good at in this car (yet) for some reason - that is the functional purpose for me. I don't have a need to modify my car for go-fast... I barely drive the damn thing because the nature of my job. @whitetiger - I did search. Search rarely yields me much and I just want mufflers, not a catback. Some of you people need to relax.

Appreciate the help from others. I did do the Hawgzaust "modification" and liked the sound, it was perfect, but it's winter which means wet and I'm not sure having that pipe open for water to get in is a good idea. The metal at that connection degraded pretty quick after just a couple of weeks of the washers being in there. PM'd you Spec B.

They are very light, couldn't weigh more then 5 pounds. I had a muffler shop cut out the mufflers just so I could get some sound out of that extremely quiet exhaust. It worked, provided a nice boxer rumble, the Midas guy even said he would give it an inspection sticker. Honestly the only issue is after further observation the tips should've been switched. I had this setup with a CNT catless DP and it was ridiculously loud, although the CAT diesel mechanics for my company were impressed how throaty my Subaru was.

Archived