05+ Legacy GT... gas mileage???

What gas mileage on your 05+ Legacy GT  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What gas mileage on your 05+ Legacy GT

• 15-18
    • 19-21
    • 22-24
    • 25+

I am considering buying an 05+ Legacy GT...

I want to see how many MPGs the Legacy GT owners are getting.

15-18

19-21

22-24

25+

ALso include what type of driving you do and if you were able to get that mileage STOCK or only after mods.

there are threads on this topic already.

but I'd consider my driving "highway speeds", 50-60MPH, 60 miles a day with few traffic lights or traffic

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Averaged 20-22 stock & Stage I.

Average 24-25 after Stage II.

Roughly 50/50 highway/city.

What does stage II consist of, how much does it cost, and I have read a few things on here about people blowing turbos after stage II.

I dont want to have to spend a bunch of money on mods to get good mileage, but I wouldn't mind opening up the exhaust a little if it will help.

2005 LGT LTD 5 speed, far from stock. The last 2 tanks I've gotten 24 and 23 respectively, 91 octane. The car make good power when asked to do so, but I've been driving it in a fairly sane manner in the recent past.

I drive 95% highway miles at 70 mph. The first 45K miles stock averaged about 24.5 indicated, actual was about 23. Been at stage 1 for the last 90K miles averaging 23.7 indicated, ~22 actual.

My current tank full 15+ gallons of Sunoco is getting 22.8 on the dash. This tank has mostly 1/2 highway 68mph or so and 1/2 back roads. The previous few tanks of Exxon were a little more highway and much better mileage more in the upper end of 25.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

but I'd consider my driving "highway speeds", 50-60MPH, 60 miles a day with few traffic lights or traffic

Highway speeds? 50-60 mph is what most people do in the city here (Tucson). Most do 75-85+ mph on the highway.

I'd have to go back and look at my receipts, but I recall averaging between 22 and 24 mpg on my drive from Oregon to Arizona, mostly freeway and highway driving.

Archived