LegacyGT.com

Need RSB Help Please!

rabydanimal

Ok, something is clunking in my rear suspension and it's really getting on my nerves. I took a peek under there and tried to compare what I saw to the JDM RSB install in the walkthroughs section.

Nothing popped out to me as being very loose or having give. I checked all the bolts that everything connects to and everything is tight. Then I saw the amount of clearance the RSB has from whatever brace you see in the pictures. It's literally less than a millimeter or two and looks like it could hit if you sneezed on the car. I couldn't see the other side of the RSB to see if there were any scrape marks so it's hard to say.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7842/rsbright2wf9.th.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1102/rsbleft2tr8.th.jpg

What I don't get is it only started doing it recently. I've had the springs and sways on the car for quite a few months now. Did the RSB rotate over time or do you think the clearance in that spot isn't even the issue?

So I just wrapped two foam peanuts really tightly together with duct tape. I then duct taped said peanuts to the areas pictured above. After taking the car for a spin around the block, guess what? No (or very, very little) noise...

So the sway bars must have moved and somehow gotten closer to the object in the pictures. How do I fix it?

How lowered are you? Noticed any additional settling of the springs? This could have resulted in the reduction of clearance to it's current minimal state. An adjustable endlink that you can shorten to less than the stock length could gain you a little clearance buy dropping the ends of the sway bar down a bit. Installing the AVO sway bar mount reinforcing brackets will move the bar rearward a tad due to the thickness of the reinforcement plate and give you a bit of added clearance that way.

The car has been on iON springs for the last 4 or 5 months, I don't recall the drop those give but it isn't too aggressive. Some good ideas there. I'm taking it down to DSG tonight and I'm going to see if they can come up with a good, quick solution.

Archived