LegacyGT.com

PERRIN DownPipe to MidPipe...Gasket Needed

MacLGT-B

Took the Spec.B to Stage 2 with PERRIN's Up & Down Pipes and their TMIC with a TDC ProTune.

The install went well, We used all new gasket, but I didn't realize I would need a 3" flat gasket to replace the donut gasket that attaches the down pipe to the mid pipe.

Does anyone know where I can pick up one locally?

Mac

from us, just order online and we will send, there is 4.05 shipping charge:lol:

Good to know,

I'm going to try and pick one up locally tomorrow at a muffler shop.

If I'm unable to find one I'll place an order.

Thanks,

Mac

if you are mating the 3 inch flat flange of the perrin dp to stock exhaust, thats what you will need to do.

If you are mating it with Perrin 3 inch catback, you would need a flat 3 inch gasket

You dont need a gasket. Did you read the instructions? Flip over the donut.

• 1 month later...
Question for you guys. I am running the perrin DP with the stock catback and have a nasty leak from flipping the doughnut. Will it leak if I flip the gasket back the original way? or should I just crank on the nut some more?

I believe it would leak even more. I also had the leak after I flipped the gasket.

Locally I couldn't find that 3" gasket nowhere, so I picked up the biggest gasket

they had 2 3/4" (2 of them) and used that with the donut gasket and it worked.

I eventually picked up the PERRIN Mid & Y Pipe which I requested all gasket be included.

Everyone upgrading to a 3" Downpipe should insist the the 3" gasket be included.

I had much better luck getting a good seal between my stock catback and Perrin DP with a 3" flat gasket than flipping the donut. I'd also recommend swapping out to regular nuts and bolts and getting rid of the spring bolts.

Try Napa Auto Parts or a heavy truck supply shop for the 3" gasket. They are much more likely to have one than a regular auto parts store, or even most muffler shops.

Archived