LegacyGT.com

Wheel Repair Shops

I Cannot Play Bass

I recalled seeing several threads on this topic, but none of them that came up in the search results had conclusions. Instead of bumping them all from the depths of the sea or sending out a slew of private messages, I was hoping to consolidate them in this thread:

2007:

CobaltForge indicated that FixRim.com fixed his Volks, but did not specify what was fixed. Is this known?

mstruvdisaster needed a wheel fixed for curb damage and a bend, does anyone know the outcome?

2008:

SnowBound BP5 took a bent wheel to Bolton, but it did not balance afterwards so they are off of my list.

Legasee mentioned needing to get a wheel fixed, but did not indicate why, does anyone knwo the outcome?

spiralsmurf was going to take a bent and curb damaged RPF1 to Tru Wheel in North Hollywood. Does anyone know the outcome?

leftcoast74 was looking for a shop to fix curb damage and a bend, is there a known outcome for this?

*The wheels have not been repaired yet, (11/16/2011)

Pricci09 mentions rotiform and memoryfab. Has anyone used either, and, if so, what was done and how was the work?

NutBucket recommended Tru Wheel after they took care of a bend and paint for a Volk repair.

I am contemplating a set of forged wheels in which all four have curb damage and one has at least one bend in it. Any help on pricing and work quality would be greatly appreciated.

http://restockwheels.com/

Fixed a bent SSR comp (bent lip) maybe 3 years ago.

Almost perfect, but because the lip is unpained there is a very slight discoloration, but that will happen with any of them.

They did a really excellent job and balance easy.

Cost was reasonable.

Their website is nothing to look at, but they are apparently one of the only wheel repairers authorized by Bentley if that means anything to you. I was referred by someone who works in the auto industry in detroit and they are who she uses. I'm told they do excellent paint work, though obviously with an unpainted lip I can't testify to that.

I'd send my wheels to MI again.

mike (infamous) had my volks repaired and they came out awesome.

By chance, do you know where they were sent? Also, may I ask what was wrong with them, if there was bending and or curb rash?

http://restockwheels.com/

Fixed a bent SSR comp (bent lip) maybe 3 years ago.

Almost perfect, but because the lip is unpained there is a very slight discoloration, but that will happen with any of them.

They did a really excellent job and balance easy.

Cost was reasonable.

Their website is nothing to look at, but they are apparently one of the only wheel repairers authorized by Bentley if that means anything to you. I was referred by someone who works in the auto industry in detroit and they are who she uses. I'm told they do excellent paint work, though obviously with an unpainted lip I can't testify to that.

I'd send my wheels to MI again.

Thank you for this, I will certainly check them out.

Pacific Rims is in Pittsburgh, Ca. Repairs are typically $165 a wheel. 24 hr turn around.

Pacific Rims

Sorry guys... are you only looking for So Cal shop?

I was hoping to find something in southern California, but someone else might find it useful. Perhaps if there a few of us who need repairs, we could work out a group discount. It is always worth a shot.

Check out http://www.truwheel.com. They are in North Hollywood and they do pick ups at most tire shops. They are the best in Socal. If they can't fix it, then you are probably SOL. I taco'd 2 of my SSR RS8 old school wheel on my Silvia. I mean 1/3 of the rim was bent in. They were able to heat it up and bend it back. $120 bucks per wheel and they look better than new. Plus they can paint wheels too.

Archived