LegacyGT.com

Why can't I get these parts

yeah, other than used, alot of those parts are dealer items, though the dealer prices are not too bad.

on some things yes, but other than used you can only get a purge control valve from the dealer($120!!!! from my dealer, but cheaper on line).

I'm still fighting with a purge issue. You should be getting 12V from the line and the unit should have @ a 40 ohm resistance. Check this before replacing. Also check that the lines to it are free of leaks.

If your purge is mounted on the strut mount, check the sensor to it's left. Should have 5V.

I've been advised to wire a 33-40 ohm5 watt resistor into the circuit and see if code returns after clearing.

I'm just having a hard time finding any resistors from 15-40 ohms. Local radio shack doesn't have.

On the morrow, I'm putting 4 10's in series, to see if it works. If so, I'll find the right values somewhere.

O.

If you put them in series the resistances will add.

Just been avoiding this for the bundle it'll make, but since it's only to see if it'll work, I'm going to do it.

O.

This will get frowns from you guys, but, I religiously turff my purge control solenoids.

They brake often, the little nipples get britle and snap. When that happens, poof, out comes the whole system, charcoal cannister and all.

Sure i get the odd smell of fuel every now and then, but I just have the hose for it dump down by the chassis rail, no risk in that setup, and it saves a bunch of useless crap from the engine bay, and a bunch of dollars chasing something we don't need.

I leave the solenoid plugged in, so it doesn't pull a code btw :p this might not be enough for silly ol OBD-II though, in which case just get the code cleared from the computer.

yeah, OBD-II will set a code if you don't have the gas cap on right, I would think it will notice the system missing unless you put dummy sensors in place.

and Reuben, just curious, how hard is it to get the clear sedan corners in NZ? I have been trying to source some but they are hard to find at a reasonable price, and when you do find them they tend to try to sell you the center garnish for the sedan which doesn't fit right on USDM cars. I had a buddy in AUS say he was gonna check some wreckers but never got back to me.

• I Donated
They always pop up on ebay. They are never really cheap though. Save your money and set it aside....then someday a set will surface and you will have ht emoney to buy it as soon as it does

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

tbird, JDM don't have corner lights on BD/BG's, they use a one piece headlight instead, so you're best bet is to just go full hog and get some projectors.

Unless you meant "TAIL" lights. Yes I can souce some clear tail lights for you, but it'll be around $300USD all up. Best bet is always ebay.

nothing wrong with the factory lights really, I just want to add a custom touch, and would like the challenge of making my own circuit. once complete it will look factory from the outside, until you turn the signals on. not sure how that makes me look like a "twat". it isn't as if i am putting ricer "euro" or "altezza" style lights on.

even subtle ones? I am not gonna make them go crazy or spell anything, just a simple sequenced bars. something like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGNnMLL46k]Sequential Turn Signals on my Trans Am - YouTube[/ame]

Archived