LegacyGT.com

Worx Tuning Springs installed - with Pix

isuace

So last weekend I installed the Worx Tuning springs that I got from Praedet. First impressions are very good. They have severely reduced the amount of squat and dive under acceleration and braking. The body roll has also been significantly improved....my gf even remarked that it was better. It is definitely stiffer, but before there were times that the stock suspension felt like it was just going to explode off of the car. Now it just feels more capable. I think that the springs may be slightly under-dampened, hopefully someday I can get some different struts to rectify that situation. My stockers have ~34k miles on them....

The only weird thing that I have noticed, and this doesn't seem to be a function of the springs, is that my struts are making a fair amount of noise now when I turn the steering wheel.....kind of a rubber on rubber sound. This was my first spring install, so hopefully I didn't bone something up when I put everything back together.

So, without further adieu....pix!

car.jpg.0ca4334d45d841ab3ced8434d2c6390d.jpg

front.jpg.1fe1f1d09cf7dfc4455dea9cf081a256.jpg

rear.jpg.80a484bc49ca97ae44f434e91d9bbba7.jpg

288256035_rightside1.jpg.6dd52c2347204f5382044fefd750c12d.jpg

did you make sure the tops of the front struts were put back in the same position? I didn't do this when I first installed my springs and had noise when turning the wheel. after going back and lining up the tops the noise went away.

^^

I think that is the problem. I had it aligned today and he said it is still pulling to the right, he told me that it is probably either a tire or a spring that isnt seated right. Im going with the latter since it got worse after I put on the springs.

Last night I redid the fronts. Made sure everything lined up with the springs and the struts. Its still making the noise on the right side. I made a hard right turn, and afterwards it started pulling to the right pretty hard again. I think Im just having a had time getting them to seat right.....not sure what Im doing wrong though.....this isnt rocket surgery.

when I did mine it was the top of the strut that wasn't lined up right. if you jack the car up and look up into fender the top of strut there should be pretty even spacing between the top of the strut and the fender. not sure if that's a good explanation or not. if I have some time I can take some pictures.

Archived