LegacyGT.com

throwing code P2016 afte grimmspeed aos installed

The P2016 is the TGV code for the passenger side. It's probably a sensor failure, and almost definitely unrelated to the AOS. I am fairly certain you can replace that sensor without pulling everything apart, and the part number should be 14120aa050.

You could take it to a dealership, or anyone who has a SSM and have them verify that the issue is just the sensor. I bet you'd pay ~$330 for diagnosis and replacement. Or you could just go to the dealer and have them diagnose the problem. Most charge ~$99 to give you an answer. Then you can order the part and replace it yourself, or take it to an independent shop and have them do it for less.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

thanks so much ..yeah i will def. NOT be taking it to the stealership i already learned they suck. i need to clean my throttle body anyay so i'l just replace it with my mechanic .is it really important tho? it doesn't seem to be effecting anything...

It's important enough to turn on the light, so it's important enough to fix.

I only suggest the dealer because they have an SSM and can tell you with certainty if it's a sensor error or something else. If your mechanic has an SSM, then he can do the same thing.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I would hope that most machanic's have access to the SSM or some other Pro series manual's. I know my guy goes on-line and get's the answers to anything he doesn't know. He's been around for a very long time. I trust him.

I guess you already know that places like Advance Auto Parts will tell you the code for free. They also have a on-line site that can help you fix the problem and tell you how to replace the part.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I would hope that most machanic's have access to the SSM or some other Pro series manual's. I know my guy goes on-line and get's the answers to anything he doesn't know. He's been around for a very long time. I trust him.

I guess you already know that places like Advance Auto Parts will tell you the code for free. They also have a on-line site that can help you fix the problem and tell you how to replace the part.

SSM is the Subaru Select Monitor. You can watch the action of the sensor and verify sensor or physical failure.

The STIS is the Subaru Technical Information System that houses the FSM refrences and other guides.

No worries!

yeah my car was acting real weird today, like wanting to stall at idle and kinda stuttering til around 2000rpms.gotta be related cause then it popped that same cel again after i cleared it with my ap.

question: if i do the tgv deletes myself will that then make this code not matter. or will it still pop after they are gutted. talked to fbp and it seems like it could be that a sensor was left disconnected ?

Depends on how you do the TGV delete.

Some removes the butterflies and keeps the shaft, that way the motor and sensor is still connected.

But be aware that the sensor is mounted with some "pre-tension", so if you remount it without then you will get a code.

453747.png

If you remove the sensors you need a different software that doesn't check the sensors, so the easiest way is to rig the sensors one way or another. Search for TGV Delete and you will find more than you want to know.
453747.png

so lets assume i do this mod with my mechanic . i am currently at 288awhp and 347 at flywheel stock turbo, avo fuel pump,stock injectors. will i really need a tune afterwards ?. if so will i be able to drive to my dyno guy who is aprox. an hour away? or can i just get rid of the cels with my ap?

No. Once you touch the throttle, the TGV's open and stay open until you shut the car off again.

You shouldn't need a tune.

I know what you were talking about. My answer applies.

In your car now, you touch the throttle and the TGV's open and stay open. When you delete the TGV's, it's no different than them being open all of the time (mostly. There is some difference, but nothing that requires a tune.)

ok thanks . the forum over at nasioc was saying diff. that a bunch of codes would insue and throw the car into limp mode..my mechanic busted the one sensor rite near the turbo trying to fix an exhaust leak and now i'd rather just delete them then buy a new sensor...just wanted to make sure i know what im about to get into. any one else have any tips before i tackle this diy .project?

I may have some of the sensor lying around from numerous motor tear down. You are local to R/T tuning to. I will be over my garage sometime this week and I can check for you. You can literally have it if you want, I was going to scrap the whole intake manifold from a WRX I have.

Archived