LegacyGT.com

Clutch Pedal: Loud "Click"

Andyjo

I never really noticed it (maybe because i've driven the car for 6 years :lol: ) but whenever you let up on the clutch there is a louder 'click' noise towards the end of the throw... i only really started to notice it when Underdog drove it when i was trying to sell it, and mentioned it. Since then it's been driving me insane... :spin:

I was thinking it could be a rubber stopper that fell out? I haven't dug through the manual to find a view of how it's installed and put together.. just wondering if anyone else has had this "issue" and fixed it?

I noticed that about a year or two ago and never had a chance to look into it. If you notice, it only does it after you depress the clutch a bit more, at least an inch of travel or more and then let go. If you barely touch the pedal it won't do it. I'm thinking maybe it's the sensor that detects if the clutch pedal is depressed?

Here's a video of it...

In the video.. the second time i did it, i let it down super-softly, and then when i let off pressure, then pulled back on the pedal to make it happen... :spin:

http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/Andyjo07/media/fs_2182_zpse982808a.mp4.html

Looking at the manual some more, the starter interlock is way up top, the two things in the video are the cruise control switch, and a bushing on a spring, not connected to anything.

I'm going to try and back off the cruise switch to see if it still happens... if it does, i'll see what i can do w/ the bushing...

Alright, have narrowed it down quite a bit, it is NOT in the pedal assembly, if you un-pin the pedal from the clutch master cylinder, the pedal assembly makes no audible clicking, maybe a little from the switches, but nothing like the loud click. I'm guessing it's something like the stop pin in the boot.. or something

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o568/Andyjo07/clutch_master_cyl_zps612abbdb.jpg

Not sure i'm up for disassembling my clutch master cylinder tonight....

A year old, and it's deff. Not coming from the tranny housing, I can feel something "clicking" on the clutch/cylinder stuff... Just having a hell of a time figuring out what, if I could get a better angle on the shaft I'd try to compress the cylinder w/o the pedal...

Archived