LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy 2.5iGT Limited - First Time Buyer

jknepp

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well this morning!

I have found a 2006 Legacy 2.5iGT Limited with 40k miles. Apparently the guy didn't like to drive at all :lol: hopefully my gain, right? So the story is he traded it in at the same dealer he got it from, and they found that the turbo had a worn down bearing (I'm not much of a car guy btw) and in the dealer's words, was iffy. So they gave a call to Subaru who replaced the entire turbo at no cost because they claimed it was a fluke.

Everything else on the car looks good, low miles checks out as original, no dings, scratches, or other mechanical issues have been found by the dealership. They have a great reputation and rated pretty high on the car research sites. The thing is that it is about 4 hours away from where I live, and I'm planning on going up this weekend to check it out and hopefully take it home with me.

Can anyone give me a few thing's to look for when I go to see it? I heard of the problem with the filter in a tiny screw in the turbo, but since they replaced it I'm guessing that issue has been addressed. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I am a first-time buyer :spin:

Archived