LegacyGT.com

What are your avg miles with a full tank?

I seem to be getting about 350-400miles per tank..is that normal?? I get to 400 when i really drive slow. Like tryin not to go above 3k.

I drive mostly local roads.

So what are your mileage??

With my GT I get 360-400 if I REALLY baby it. But that is 90% freeway driving and staying off boost nearly all the time. I have gone over 400 miles 3 times in the last year...but I really try not too as I am sure there is some residual gunk in my fuel tank that might get sucked up.

I always get 325 to 350 with my normal day to day driving, but I usually fill up before the light comes on (and I don't really baby it at all). Probably 60hwy/40city. I haven't actually taken a long enough trip to find out, but I'm sure 450 is a achievable without any issue.

I normally get around 25-28 mpg. I never let the light come on, but I would surmise 350 to 375 on a tank for normal driving (50/50 ish). I took a long trip last weekend with cruise control set at 75. I got around 33 mpg which thrilled me. I could have easily gotten 450 to 475 if necessary.

lol ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

The best i get was only 330 miles, average is 300 miles

but the last tank was only 280 miles, result from the blazing sun this weekend :O

:lol: This is more real. I drive mostly highway and normally get 300-340 / tank. best Ive ever gotten is 370. Reports of 400 to 450 miles on a tank are hard to fathom.

Here's my MPG spreadsheet.

http://home.comcast.net/~kelvrick/mpg.jpg

First column is date of trip to station, second is miles since last visit, then how many gallons was purchased, calculated mpg and then what was displayed as mpg.

My drive to work is 16.8 miles 5 days a week. About 4 miles worth of city streets. I do my errands on the way to or from work. About twice a week a 30 mile drive to or from GF's house with about 4 miles of city streets.

I get about 350 miles out of my tank. I dont run it till its dry. I drive 35 miles one way to work and its about 80/20 Hwy/City.

I agree with Franklin and Kelvrick. I usually get 27-28 mpg calculated. On long trips I get about 29 mpg. I dont drive aggressively neither do I baby it.

Have streched it till 400 miles a couple of times but the mileage is the same as stated above.

Btw, I have an 06 2.5i Ltd, 4EAT.

I guess the 5MT guys must be getting 2-3 mpg more than the 4EAT guys.

I guess the 5MT guys must be getting 2-3 mpg more than the 4EAT guys.

I doubt it. I believe the autos have talling gearing than the manual trannys and drivers of manuals tend to drive more aggressively. Also the EPA notes no difference in MPG between the manual and auto. Actually they give a slight emmissions advantage to the auto (8.3 tons per year for the manaul compared to 8.0 tons per year for the auto) which might indicate a slight difference in MPG. This is not the case for the 5EAT in the GT, the auto gets worse MPG than the manual.

Why are you guys using miles per tank to calculate gas mileage? That is just about the most inaccurate way to calculate MPG and doesn't really tell you anything. Use the dash readout or calculate it yourself using the amout of gas you buy and the miles you drive between fill ups.

IMHO this is a pointless thread.

Average driving yields a low fuel warning light in the 320-350 range, which gives me a full range of 370-400 miles per tank. I feel 'safe' going 50 miles after the low fuel light pops on, as I usually don't top 16 gallons during a fill up at that 50 mile mark. I did stretch it once to 420, but that was on accident...just not paying attention I guess.

Funny thing is, my SVO ranges from 28mpg highway (<70mph) to a new record last fall of 6.7mpg during an open track event. That one surprised even me, but who cares when you are having that much fun :rolleyes:

Archived