LegacyGT.com

How does the Taupe Leather interior hold up over time?

Islandvic

I love the Taupe leather interior, but I will keep my Legacy if I buy it for at least 5 years.

How well have Taupe owners here had there interiors hold up as far as wear and tear and signs of age is concerned.

It looks like it will be hard to keep clean over time.

Thanks!

Mine looks new after 2 years but I'm very careful about how I keep my car. Black is also nice and would hide dirt & wear better. I picked tan because I'd had several dark-interior cars prior and wanted a change.

Oh, and I removed the stock mats and went with generic all-weather type from the parts store.

You have to maintain it, that is about it, Maybe every other week clean it and condition it, and you should be in good shape.

I hear the black carpeting shows dust easily.

+1 on the all weather mats.

X

---

After about 15 months, I have to say that its showing its age a little. I try to clean the interior, clean and condition the leather whenever possible, but the floor mats are starting to stain permanantly. Right under the clutch is the worst. If I had to do it all over, I'd have gone with black.
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

The OEM mats IMHO are the cheapest and worse mats ever for a car in this class.

Even my old Corolla had better OEM carpet mats. I used the OEM carpet mats for a week, and they turned into a disaster. I changed to the All Season mats, and those are great. But yes, the taupe carpeting will show more dirt, but it is easily cleaned.

X

---

Love the taupe...after two years. The mats are a PITA but I rarely use them ( have the Subie black rubber mats which look good with the interior). Leather has worn a bit but not inordinately so. Folks frequently comment spontaneously and positively about the interior and often express surprise when they learn the car is two years old. They frequently comment that it appears brand new.

Love it, love it, love it. Bright and airy. Makes me feel good every time I get in the car. And looks rich (IMHO).

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Black sucks (I have black cloth)...shows every little speck of light colored dust and lint. Taupe with all weather mats is what I would prefer. Besides, mats are a throw away item anyway. Over time all light colored mats get grungy looking no matter what car company makes them.
It is still ugly.

Archived