LegacyGT.com

Fuel line mod

I read this twice and I'm feel like I'm missing something. They just took out the stock fuel line between those two connections and put in a slightly longer piece of tube?

Is it just longer or did they use a larger diameter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The longer hose will give a slight "reserve tank" effect since it is after the pulsation damper or muffler (the round thing on top of the pressure regulator).

So that somehow helps with fuel delivery? Does the stock setup have that much of an issue with surge/pulse or is it something that just causes a problem with aftermarket pumps and injectors?

So that somehow helps with fuel delivery? Does the stock setup have that much of an issue with surge/pulse or is it something that just causes a problem with aftermarket pumps and injectors?

I read a bunch on this a few months ago. IIRC has to do with the pulses in the fuel system causing a low pressure spot over one the of the injectors.

i have all the parts to do this lying around. and a little stumble (which I think is probably pulled timing from low load knock). but willing to be a guinea pig, should take about 5 minutes to install.

can't really tell any difference yet, and also reset ECU from cleaning battery terminals so it will take a bit of driving before it settles.

will definitely report back, although I don't have high hopes.

trick to the zip ties was to slip them in where the two small slots on the side of inner clamp, then push the hose forward a bit and push zip ties in a bit more, then pull the hose off with a good tug.

Has anyone done the fuel line mod to their LGT or OBXT and noticed any difference?

Also, JmP6889928, interesting that the wiring would have THAT much of an effect on fuel

Turkeylord stated that it did make quite a difference. He told me in PM:

"Yeah, it definitely made a difference. We're getting up to 15% more voltage to the pump, you can just hear it in the tone of the thing. It makes the "before" sound like you had a weak battery. Tuner confirmed that the tune went way rich after the upgrade, so we're definitely getting more fuel."

I haven't had a chance to do it to my own yet, but I'm going to definitely do this mod. With any kind of engine mods, this makes perfect sense as you're restricted by the amount of current available. I used to teach voltage drop and electrical diagnosis in vehicles and this would be something that would be a definite upgrade in the fuel delivery system, and also in anything that requires a load on the electrical supply. It would help things like heated seats, rear window defogger, even headlights, as they pull a heavy current (amp) load. Just have to make sure that all the grounds are also upgraded to match the input current. :)

If you really want to increase the reservoir capability of the feed lines, install an inline fuel filter between the two metal lines in the hose and that will give a LOT of extra reserve fuel. That's an old trick we used to use on race cars as it gives the fuel pump a little bit of breathing room because it's not always trying to catch up.

If you really want to increase the reservoir capability of the feed lines, install an inline fuel filter between the two metal lines in the hose and that will give a LOT of extra reserve fuel. That's an old trick we used to use on race cars as it gives the fuel pump a little bit of breathing room because it's not always trying to catch up.

fuel filter is a great idea too since there the only filter is a screen in the tank at the pump right?

I didn't have cruise surge so it would be hard to tell. Only drove about 10 miles since so hard to tell. no highway driving either. Will report back as soon as I have something to report.

warning- i don't drive a lot, work from home, ride my bike a lot, so it may be a bit before i have anything definitive to report.

I decided to go ahead and try this. However, instead of pulling the old line (partially because I couldn't get it off), I installed an inline fuel filter onto the end and added the 3ft of new line between the fuel filter and steel fuel line.

Archived