LegacyGT.com

Questions - Legacy 3.0R

Hi, I have a 2005 Legacy 3.0R and I have a few questions so I thought id make a thread to cover them all and also anyone else could ask questions too.

Does anyone know what exactly the traction control button turns off? Does it turn off VTD or VDC or something along those lines?

A friend of mine has an '04 legacy 3.0R and he has a small round button below his steering wheel, ive seen it on one other outback before but I dont know what it does and neither does he or the mechanic that he took it to. Any ideas?

The 3.0R has a limited slip rear dif right? Is it helical torsen or clutch type? Does it have an open front dif?

I've done some reading about VDC and VTD but I still have some questions. The 3.0R has a standard torque split of 45/55 F/R correct? Can it only go to 50/50 or can it go to say 20/80 if that is needed? It uses the brakes to transfer torque side to side right?

I will probably have some more questions but i cant think of any right now.

Thanks everyone in advance

• 3 years later...
Does anyone know what the 1-on 1-off setting does in the odometer? If you have the key turned to ACC and click the ODO button you'll notice there's trip A and B and some settings. S-on S-off turns the speedo sweep on and off when you start the car but I can't work out what 1-on 1-off does. :/

Archived