LegacyGT.com

Stock wheel gap or suspension problem?

Xyklok

After having an RS 05 for over a year, I've bought my LGT 05 nearly 2 months ago and I'm kinda wondering if everything is fine with my suspension. I'm very glad with the car so far but I somehow expected less body roll on the car.

I'll start by saying the car was and looked 100% stock when I first got it and had it inspected by a reputable Subaru shop over here and everything came out good except someting with the A/C. the shop had all the maintenance history and it wasn't a tuning/performance shop

Now, let's say when I take a long/large turn on a highway ramp at 40 mph, I definatly feel the body roll and wouldn't go much faster in there. Not that I feel like I'm gonna lose the car in the curve (Even though I'm on winter tires ATM) but it's far from being a confortable ride IMO.

I kinda had the same problem with the RS (which had a 20 MM sway bar) but I realised later before selling the car that my rear suspension was blown which created a saggy butt but all in all, it wasn't too noticable in my opinion, no weird sound or bouncing, etc.

That being said, my first reaction was to look for a RSB of 21mm but looking at my wheel gap, I'm kinda wondering if my suspension isn't done instead. The gap is clearly smaller than it was on my RS but once again, I do not hear any sound or feel as if the car is boucing left and right on every bump.

PS: I did ask the garage, when inspected, about the suspension and they said it was in good condition, nothing unusual but I have my doubts anyway :spin:. Car could already have spring and I wouldn't know either

Here's a picture (not the best angle but I'll try to get a better one later from the side) to give you a general idea of the gap and I'm not seing any saggy butt. Is that the stock wheel gap/suspension feeling of the car or is there something I'm not seeing in there :confused:

66478_10200754547804787_107977146_n.jpg

Thank you :)

tl;dr: Does that wheel gap look like a stock wheel gap or not?

Grabbed 2 pics this morning, hope it gives you a better idea. FYI, I don't have the biggest hands out there but my 4 fingers together amounts to around 2.75 inches or 7cm.

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/6123/gapled.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img827/5085/pneud.jpg

So does everything look normal or am I only looking for troubles where there isn't any :confused:

Archived