LegacyGT.com

NOOB question on suspension and wheels

mitskip

Been doing a good amount of reading and I have decided to be trendy and want some XXR 527s. 18x8.75 w/ 35 offset. My question is, what springs that are currently on the market are going to give me a decent ride, minimal drop and still look good? Reading stickies it was the Eibachs and those are no longer being made, correct? Saw that there were rebranded Eibachs and that those arent avail either. Also wondering if 235/45 are the right tire size to fill up the well and not have rubbing issues on a minimal drop?

• Moderators

You can get epics (basically rebranded eibachs) from m sprank (infamous performance and tuning) shortly. You missed the group buy but he should have extra springs available once they are made (sometime soon I believe). Your other option is JDM Pinks. Those would get you about half as much of a drop at about twice the cost.

No idea about tire sizes.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Springs should be matched to your strut type. If you're keeping the stock KYB style struts or using Koni inserts, use a spring with a drop rated for the USDM/KYB top hat, such as Eibachs, Epics, Cobbs, etc. If you're running Bilsteins or Tokicos, which use the Spec B top hat, use a Bilstein-specific spring such as pinks, Swifts, etc. Otherwise, your actual drop will be about 1/2" less with Spec B top hats or 1/2" more than rated with KYB top hats.

Archived