LegacyGT.com

Just bought Conti ExtremeContact DWS!!

08LGT80

I just ordered new Continental ExtremeContact DWS from Discount Tire! Can't wait to have them put of this week and try them out! Has anyone on here tried them on a 2008 LGT? Any opinions on handling, road noise, threadwear, etc?? Thanks in advance!!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I have to buy and getting same tires installed at end of week.

My wife hit a nasty MA pothole going 80MPH that created a 3/8" bubble in one spot and another spot a 2" split of sidewall in our Nokian WR G2's. Btw love the Nokian WR G2's but going to try Conti for $550 installed instead of nearly $700 for Nokian's.

i just got my DWS's installed today!!! initial opinion is that it is very soft and mushy ride pulling out of the parking lot of discount tire at 32psi. i can feel the difference between my RE92's and the DWS's. I loved the sporty feel of the RE92's but hated the road noise. however, i love the luxurious ride of the DWS's, quieter ride, but don't like the responsiveness and steering feel when i'm driving agressively! I guess i have to give up certain things to get other things.

i just got my DWS's installed today!!! initial opinion is that it is very soft and mushy ride pulling out of the parking lot of discount tire at 32psi. i can feel the difference between my RE92's and the DWS's. I loved the sporty feel of the RE92's but hated the road noise. however, i love the luxurious ride of the DWS's, quieter ride, but don't like the responsiveness and steering feel when i'm driving agressively! I guess i have to give up certain things to get other things.

try bumping the tire pressure to 35 or so. experiment with tire pressures and feel and you'll find a happy medium. my current tires kuhmo asx, when i first had them on, the guy put them at 32 and i had the same exact experience as you (mushy) ive bumped them up to 38 front 36 rear and the mushiness is gone. just an fyi my tires are 225/40/18. just make sure ur psi is within range of your tires. good luck!

i took everyone's advice and pumped up the tires to 38-40psi and now it drives like a dream minus the harsh road noise of the stock RE92s!! haven't driven in the rain or snow on these yet. shouldn't take long considering i do live in seattle :lol:!!

Good..

I've had two sets of ContiExtremeContacts on my LGT. I used them as my winter setup and they have been great. Record snow fall this year and only once did I have an issue (getting up an unplowed, inclined alley)

Good..

I've had two sets of ContiExtremeContacts on my LGT. I used them as my winter setup and they have been great. Record snow fall this year and only once did I have an issue (getting up an unplowed, inclined alley)

i just drove in Seattle's drenching downpour on the freeway today! my first impression of the DWS's in the rain is that it's very good in directing the rain away from the center of the tire to maintain good wet traction! i'm starting to like the tire more and more. great dry and wet traction. now i'm just waiting to test these tires next winter!!

I plan on running these as my winter set of my stock rims. From what I have read and heard, these are the next best thing to running a dedicated winter tire.

i'm running the DSW's in stock rims as well... it's considered "performance all season" so you can use them during summer but i like the RE92s during the summer.

I've had these on since December through 3 snow storms and lots of rain. No problems and they kick the crap out of the stockers. Plus the DWS in the tread makes it easy to tell their wear and weather reliability while having a high wear rating. They're not the best performance tire though; steering response and handling are slightly sacrificed for the improved all weather performance. But that's why you get dedicated summer wheels & tires, right?

• 1 month later...
I am at 21,000 miles on my Goodyear Eagle F1's, but the noise from them has been driving me crazy lately. The tread on the sides has become choppy, and I believe that is what has been causing the noise. Other than the noise, these tires were great...but it was time to move on. So I ordered as set of four Continental ExtremeContact DWS's to give them a try. Discount Tire was cool enough to give me $22 off each tire ($88 total) because of my noise issues with the F1, which I purchased from them 2 years ago. I'm hoping the new tires are as good as everyone says. If I notice them being a little "mushy" when cornering, I'll increase the pressure a little like a lot of people are suggesting.

Did you get them at tirerack?

No I purchased the tires from a local independent shop that looks like a 50's auto shop.

I am not a fan of mail order, however if you live in the boondocks it may make sense.

Archived