LegacyGT.com

Front suspension rattle that goes away in wet weather

I am having a bastard of a time figuring this out. Everything looks good/feels tight as far a ball joints, end links ect... My LCA bushings probably could be replaced soon as they are a little ripped. thats the only thing i can see. Tophat bolts are tight and it has new sway bar bushings. Only suspension mods are new front sway bushings and lowering springs.

The noise sounds almost like the spring rattling around on the strut, and it only occurs on expansion joints, potholes, rumble strips ect... There is a different sound over speed bumps that is more of a clicking noise going up and coming down on the bump. The thing that doesn't make any sense is that the nos almost completely goes away when the roads are wet.

One other thing that may or may not be related is that the car feels kind of odd and shifty sometimes in corners.

• 6 months later...
It's not rocket science: LCA bushings-front and rear, end links, ball joints, top hats, top nut on the strut, lower strut bolts, blown strut, swaybar bushings-worn or dry, tie rods, steering rack bushings...

It's not rocket science: LCA bushings-front and rear, end links, ball joints, top hats, top nut on the strut, lower strut bolts, blown strut, swaybar bushings-worn or dry, tie rods, steering rack bushings...

So, do you suggest the shotgun approach?

Archived