LegacyGT.com

wipers are trashed

My driver side wiper is toast and I need to replace it. May as well replace the passenger side.

On subarugenuineparts I am unable to figure out what I need. I can search for and find "wiper blade refills" but it doesn't seem to have one for each side available. I'm not sure what I'm getting there.

Does anyone know the OEM part # for the wiper blade refills, both driver and passenger side?

I've googled it and I can't find it.

TIA

I've been using blades from http://silblade.com/ for a pretty long time on all my vehicles.

The 5 year warranty is pretty nice, too. If the blade starts to go bad, call them up and get them replaced. I've never been able to use the warranty though, as I've never had any go bad.

Which model do you use?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I use the uniblade. I'm not terribly impressed. I've had them for about a year and they streak fairly bad unless there is a good amount of rain. Also, they've chattered from day one which drives me crazy. I'll probably replace them with some Icons or Evolutions at some point.

I went with wiper blade refills on mine so I can keep the excellent factory driver's side blade with the aerodynamic wing on it. I've tried all sorts of complete blade replacements on all of my cars for the last 20 years and in the end, the stock blades are almost always superior.

You can get the refills you need at Advance Auto or even on Amazon. You'll need Trico 47-800 8mm for the driver's side and Trico 47-600 6mm for the passenger side. This is the cheapest and best way to go imo, and this is from many years and MANY different brands and types of blades.

I went with wiper blade refills on mine so I can keep the excellent factory driver's side blade with the aerodynamic wing on it. I've tried all sorts of complete blade replacements on all of my cars for the last 20 years and in the end, the stock blades are almost always superior.

You can get the refills you need at Advance Auto or even on Amazon. You'll need Trico 47-800 8mm for the driver's side and Trico 47-600 6mm for the passenger side. This is the cheapest and best way to go imo, and this is from many years and MANY different brands and types of blades.

Pretty much what I do. I even keep a spare set on hand.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I did this on my first replacement and kept the OEM wing on the drivers side. Doesn't work nearly as well as the PIAA Forza Hybrid Silicone blades. The aero on their units blows away that craptastic wing Subaru stuck on there. Pricey option with the PIAAs but they work better than anything I've used (Bosch, RainX etc).

So the OEM are basically the same as the TRICO?

Thanks guys for the input. The subaru refills at the dealer were only $12.50 a piece so for now I just went with what was handy. We don't have an advance auto in town. However, next time I do this, will get the TRICO off amazon. I was surprised that the dealer didn't want more for the refills considering how much they normally charge for parts.

Tirerack also sells wiper blades:

http://www.tirerack.com/wipers/results.jsp?autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Wagon+2.5+GT&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Limited

Valeos are good, but my current (2nd) set started streaking after only a couple months. But they are still quiet and work well enough.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I did this on my first replacement and kept the OEM wing on the drivers side. Doesn't work nearly as well as the PIAA Forza Hybrid Silicone blades. The aero on their units blows away that craptastic wing Subaru stuck on there. Pricey option with the PIAAs but they work better than anything I've used (Bosch, RainX etc).

I might try these out on my Maxima. I currently have some crappy Good Year wipers I bought from Costco and they barely last a year. Now they are making a ton of noise in below freezing weather.

Oh, just saw the price on the PIAA's. $33.xx from Amazon for a 26"! We just don't get enough precip. here in Colorado Springs to make them worth it for me.

I currently have some crappy Good Year wipers I bought from Costco and they barely last a year. Now they are making a ton of noise in below freezing

Ha, I bought the same ones, horrible wipers. I feel like I need to make them last a month or so before a buy new ones again

I've had Bosch Evolutions on my car for a year and a half, and even in the -8* temperatures we had this morning, there's no chatter.

I just bought a set of Bosch Icons for my fiancee's car, and the rubber blade is of much higher quality than her OEM wipers were

I've had Bosch Evolutions on my car for a year and a half, and even in the -8* temperatures we had this morning, there's no chatter.

I just bought a set of Bosch Icons for my fiancee's car, and the rubber blade is of much higher quality than her OEM wipers were

We use Bosch Evolution wiper blades here at the shop as well as on our own cars and I think they are a great value. They have never let me down personally.

-Adam F

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived