LegacyGT.com

Preparing move to vbulletin 4

Tide

We're currently preparing the site to move to vb4. What that means is removing some addons you may like, slow site performance during backup and testing upgrade times, as well as being able to see and test the new site before the final move. After the move, things like addons, skins, itrader, wiki, reviews -- will slowly get fixed and updated. I don't expect all things to be ready after we move over but we should have all the important features.

i recently switched to vb4 on a site we run localy, everything went smooth once people grasped how to use the newer software.. some of the edit on the admin board make things a bit of a learning curve.. but i think that its to the point now where they have gotten most of the bugs out and with the current release a full upboot will be fine.. ohh just make sure that your host is a good one because vb4 is a little more demanding.

We have our own hardware, and plenty of cores.

i recently switched to vb4 on a site we run localy, everything went smooth once people grasped how to use the newer software.. some of the edit on the admin board make things a bit of a learning curve.. but i think that its to the point now where they have gotten most of the bugs out and with the current release a full upboot will be fine.. ohh just make sure that your host is a good one because vb4 is a little more demanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived