LegacyGT.com

Arm Rest not closing. Anyone else have the same issue?

TPLGT

Within the last month or so my center panel/arm rest stopped closing all together. It will latch for a couple of seconds but pops back up. It seems like there is too much tension coming from the piece the arm rest is attachged to. The latch seems in OK shape with no damage.

It is becoming a PIA...anyone else have the same issue and a fix? I ahve not yet taken it apart so I thought I would ask.

Rehab is for quitters.

Do you have the armrest extension? I had that in a 05 OBXT, and the latch stopped working. Basically the plastic has moved and its not catching. Try to retightening all of it. Worst case take it into the dealership.

Yeah I have the armrest extension. I tried to tighten everthing...no dice. I have an 06 and it's out of warranty so no go on the dealer. I would deal with it before I would pay the dealer to fix.

Thx for chiming in...I'll tear it apart this weekend.

Rehab is for quitters.

I had this issue, it was an easy DIY fix in under a half hour. basically mine wouldn't latch because the plastic warpped to the open(or almost open) position and would not fully catch. I took it apart and used a heat gun to warm up the male end of the hook enough to bend/shape it back to the proper position. It will make more sense when you take it apart, but this should give you somewhere to start. mine works better than new now.

not wanting to latch here either. just happened within the past month. almost feels as if somethings in the way and wont let it close properly, but ive found nothing in the way. its a PIA indeed!

I fixed it...atleast for now. I took a piece of the package from AA batteries and folded it up. I shimmed it between the piece of foam on the lacth. It allowed the latch to catch the piece of platic on the console just a little better...stays closed, now.

GL

Rehab is for quitters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
BUMP. My arm rest has not been able to close for about 6 months....anyone have an arm rest FS...I have the extension but dont need/use it....would like a regular armrest that closes (black). Thanks.
Rehab is for quitters.

Archived