LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with everyone else. I sold my 2003 Tahoe LT (MSRP $43K) for the LGT wagon. I only had my Tahoe a year and my wife thought I was crazy. I must admit I was a little anxious when I showed up at the dealership and signed on the dotted line (am I really making the right decision?) But after only having the LGT for a week, I love it and have no regrets. Sporty, fun to drive, good gas mileage, and it's turning out to be a head-turner.

Guest *Jedimaster*
No regrets here. I don't even look at other cars anymore. I'm in Love. With all the other cars, I was happy, but found my eye wandering from time to time. I sometimes even snuck onto the computer after I put my car to bed and looked at other cars on the internet. I feel like this car and I can grow old with.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten a GT instead of the OB XT. But I have to think back to when I was shopping and was concerned about ground clearance with the GT. The extra clearance of the OB has always been handy on ski trips or when go off road. It's rare, but it would have sucked to scrape bottom with a GT.... Craig

There is a competing theory for buyer's remorse called cognitive dissonance. It states that when we make a decision we tend to ignore or downplay the alternate outcomes in an effort to shore up our decision. So, in effect, if the decision is between the GT LTD and say and Audi, both are attractive initially, but after the purchase we only consider the GT a good deal. Helps put aside doubt. The exact scenario (purchasing a car), was a question on a Clinical Social Work exam I took in NJ. Glad I paid attention. Other than that , I am still trying to make a deal made on the 05 GT LTD Wagon, just having trouble getting to the dealer and parting with the 28K

No remorse here. Why the question, though? Do YOU (Mike) feel that way? Do YOU feel that you should have gotten something else? Just curious as to why you started the thread? I like what I have...the car drives nice, rides well enough...and can handle the LOVELY NYC area roads! Smooth as silk... :roll: Other than that, no issues here, and I am almost done with break-in! YEAH! Later, i.

[quote name='nov26_2']There is a competing theory for buyer's remorse called cognitive dissonance. It states that when we make a decision we tend to ignore or downplay the alternate outcomes in an effort to shore up our decision. So, in effect, if the decision is between the GT LTD and say and Audi, both are attractive initially, but after the purchase we only consider the GT a good deal. Helps put aside doubt. [/quote] ..and it follows that we do this to protect our sanity. Thus only the insane are truly rational.. :D

[quote name='c_hunter']Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten a GT instead of the OB XT. But I have to think back to when I was shopping and was concerned about ground clearance with the GT. The extra clearance of the OB has always been handy on ski trips or when go off road. It's rare, but it would have sucked to scrape bottom with a GT.... Craig[/quote] Ditto, but in reverse. I am a little worried about my snow clearances with the GT Wagon, especially coming from a '96 OB. I really wanted good handling though... Maybe I should raise the GT up an inch and call it even :roll:

No remorse over fetting the Legacy...sometimes in traffic I think I should've gotten the 5EAT...and sometimes I think I shoulda got the wagon... But I think I'll solve both those problems when I get my wife a wagon in '06 :lol:

[quote name='GT Ski'][quote name='c_hunter']Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten a GT instead of the OB XT. But I have to think back to when I was shopping and was concerned about ground clearance with the GT. The extra clearance of the OB has always been handy on ski trips or when go off road. It's rare, but it would have sucked to scrape bottom with a GT.... Craig[/quote] Ditto, but in reverse. I am a little worried about my snow clearances with the GT Wagon, especially coming from a '96 OB. I really wanted good handling though... Maybe I should raise the GT up an inch and call it even :roll:[/quote] Just swap springs with someone who wants to lower their OB! :idea:

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='GT Ski'][quote name='c_hunter']Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten a GT instead of the OB XT. But I have to think back to when I was shopping and was concerned about ground clearance with the GT. The extra clearance of the OB has always been handy on ski trips or when go off road. It's rare, but it would have sucked to scrape bottom with a GT.... Craig[/quote] Ditto, but in reverse. I am a little worried about my snow clearances with the GT Wagon, especially coming from a '96 OB. I really wanted good handling though... Maybe I should raise the GT up an inch and call it even :roll:[/quote] Just swap springs with someone who wants to lower their OB! :idea:[/quote] I think I'll be OK, the GT has what... 5-6 inches of clearance right? I just have to remember that I don't ride high anymore...

[quote name='GT Ski'] Ditto, but in reverse. I am a little worried about my snow clearances with the GT Wagon, especially coming from a '96 OB. I really wanted good handling though... Maybe I should raise the GT up an inch and call it even :roll:[/quote] You're fine as long as you don't mind plowing the road with your bumper :)

Holly cow, we all spend tens of hours angsting over our decision on this site and finding out about every little flaw from the ideal car and buyers remorse is an issue? Based on the previeous posts, not much buyers remorse. My order went in last Monday and I have absolutely no buyers remorse. We will see after the first month of driving how I feel, because I could have bought a BMW325ixT or an X3. Any time you change from a good car to another, you have a few days of "this different" and "I must get used to something new" irritation, but I bet the new leg delivers smiles that will dominate by the time break in is over.

Archived