LegacyGT.com

Does anyone use their LGT for a family vehicle?

I do, but not exclusively. I have an 05 sedan LGT and use it for the majority of around town stuff. Two kids, both old enough that they're in booster seats, so no giant babyseats in back. I will make the caveat that I also have a van, so I don't rely exclusively on the Legacy. Of course, I also grew up in a family that had two Subie wagons back in the 80s and 90s and we managed just fine back then.

I do. My LGT wagon is the do everything car. Grocery getter, bring kids to gymnastics and the beach and it's also the long distance hauler. I've got a 3 year old (forward facing car seat), 2 year old (rear facing car seat) and a dog with a crate that takes up 1/2 the space in the rear.

So far it works great. With the dog crate in the back, we have to do some creative packing. It's tight when we travel to visit grandma and grandpa but we manage. I'm seriously thinking about getting a roof top cargo box to alleviate the game of tetris I play every time we go on a trip.

If we didn't have the dog crate in the back, packing would be a breeze.

Anything else just let me know!!

We've got two kids, twins that are now 11, and a Highlander. We usually use the Highlander with everyone, but occasionally have all four of us in the LGT, or me and 2-3 kids in the LGT. It's roomy enough for everyone. The kids have grown up with it (had it since 9/04) so they don't know any better.

I've got a 4 year old and a newborn in the back of my spec B with no issues, and we go everywhere with the thing. The passenger seat has to be moved up a little for the rear-facing car seat, but it's not bad. About the only complaint from my son (4 year old) is he can't see the Nav screen as well when sitting behind the driver seat, which I usually play movies on for him. :)

Anyway, my son in a full sized carseat fits behind my chair, and I'm 6'1" - it's a little tight, but soon he'll just be in a booster, which will help.

my wagon is our minivan. we take it on trips when we need the storage. this whole concept of "Oh......we have a family of 4 now and we need a mini van" is crap. My kids are 8 and 10 now and we've taken plenty of trips in my car and my wife's civic with no problems.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• I Donated Too
I have loaded three kids into the back of mine with my son's 5 point harness larger car seat in the middle and my two girls in booster seats either side... they fit fine and they aren't too cramped for their own space but accessing the seat belt buckles in this configuration is certainly a pig and the girls can't do it themselves...

I've had my LGT wagon for about a month and a half now, and its our big family car. My wife has an 08 Civic EX and they are both 5mt :) We have a one month old son, and I'm 6'5", my wife is 6' so we make very good use of the space. Our rear facing car seat is positioned in the middle seat in order to make sure that we can have our seats back to a comfortable position, but there is enough room on either side of it for a passenger to sit fairly comfortably. We love all of the space and the hatchback area is awesome. This is going to be my Jekyl and Hyde car, I'm looking to get a 20g w a Racer X FMIC, and around 350whp but with an exhaust cutout and a stock catback. So I can have my family car and my fun car all in one, and the best part is that we will never sell out and buy an SUV. Maybe a pickup at one point as a tow utility vehicle, but never ever an SUV. An LGT wagon is an actual sport utility vehicle, awd, turbo, a well balanced chassis, and enough room in the back to pack up a college dorm. Thats sport and utility, not some lifted crossover!

Nice, nice. Right now i have a suabru impreza wagon, its the wrx model and also our only family vehicle at the moment.

We have two kids 3 and 1. We make it work.

The reason why im wanting the legacy wagon, is mostly because its a nicer more refined car, also a few more inches here and there makes things easier.

The WRX is a great car, but it doesnt have much going for it in the NHV department.

Hows wind noise in the legacy, i see that it also has frameless windows.

Wind noise is not too bad, mine are still pretty tight. My wagon has served us pretty well for hauling two kids and sometimes the dog. Its starting to get a bit small for hauling my kids now 15 and 13 in the back seat but worked well when they were younger. Its been a pretty versatile hauler for longer items, supplies and gear as well as people. We do have a Honda Odyssey for hauling more people and gear.

Spec B with a 3yr olds forward facing seat in the back drivers side, and a 3 month old car seat on the passenger side. I even have one of those cartoonish baby mirrors hanging from the passenger side headrest so I can see my daughter while im driving.

My 3 yr old: "Daddy drives Fast. Mommy drives slow. I like driving with Daddy"

Having owned a WRX and now a Legacy Wagon, I am certain of a few things:

1) The Legacy is a much more refined car, much more room, much more comfortable and quiet. A much nicer car in every way.

2) I have two kids and the Legacy wagon is plenty roomy for me for camping, trips, baseball etc.

3) Insurance actually decreased for me (02 WRX to an 05 LGT)

I have an 05 LGT wagon. 8 yr old. 75 lb Lab. Wife (weight unknown). Dog travels in the rear seat with my daughter. For my family, it's all we need. Four kids and it would get tight and would definitely need a roof rack/cargo carrier with our dog in the rear.

At the time I bought this car I thought hard about a Volvo V70R just becz of the room issue, but the additional cost and reliability issues pushed me towards this Subie. Glad I bought it.

It also did yeoman work when I was racing karts. With the wagon, I didn't need a box trailer and just went for a flatbed for the kart.

I missed the daddy drives fast quote. My 8 yr old daughter always wants me to drive teh Leggy when we take the hwy since the on ramp is 270 degrees of g-force taken at 60-70 mph in my LGT. Mom driving the Jetta takes it at 30 mph. My daughter will enjoy rollercoasters when she is large enough.

i use my 2005 LGT wagon as the family car, has been great at family trips, daily driver, etc.

been making the most out of the roof rack with bike racks and cargo expanders.

although the rear seating area is a little smaller than i would like. debating on switching to a SUV or minivan..... NOT

Archived