LegacyGT.com

Shift knobs!

I just finished a prototype of a knob.

Custom lengths with a 3/8 taper going down.

Made from 4140 round bar cold drawn and TGAP

Not positive on weight as I just made it.

Let me know if anyone is interested in these.

As per usual, more people want them the cheaper it eventually will be.

Custom lengths wont matter as its a matter of cutting the drops to whatever size required.

Thanks

2013-01-25_09-00-59_302.thumb.jpg.99d1352af0cf333dc2c4ea7b24ddafa6.jpg

pretty sure you need vendor status to start hocking products on here

peruse the FS section rules

but +1 for creative points

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

It occasionally slips going into 2nd when its cold, but other than that its a good transmission. I just dont enjoy automatics, I have always had a manual transmission car.

I will say this auto has been a trooper though. I installed an external trans cooler for it because I was doing alot of hauling with my Subaru. I towed many of my friends cars when they broke down, and I hauled a Uhaul trailer full of my 2500 lb snap on box and motorcycle, my bed, tv etc etc... across country when I moved from south Florida to California. That transmission is a beast!

pretty sure you need vendor status to start hocking products on here

peruse the FS section rules

but +1 for creative points

I appreciate your concern truly. But i haven't listed a price, said i wanted to sell the prototype or conversed about selling any to anyone yet.

Same way subikid is just feeling around for that test pipe idea.

I like helping people and this is something ill def apply to be a vendor if i get lucky enough and have people want these.

I would love to esp. with plans (pipe dreams? lol) to do a turbo swap...

...but sadly, it's highly impractical when actually delivering mail. At least it would cause my left leg to get as much of a work out as my right :lol:

Haha, those are city carriers. When they do drive they have to use the awful LLVs. I can't begin to describe what a horrible vehicle that is.

Meanwhile us rural carriers are putting 80 miles a day on our subarus (or, 0 miles a day for those with jeeps since they're always broke down).

We're kinda like the special forces of the USPS. They send us out with extraordinary amounts of mail, and if we get into trouble out there they deny all knowledge of our existence :lol:

would be a cool knob in delrin. metal knobs get too hot and cold.

Delrin is light as I did it in 4140 for the weight reasons.

But material is just material, ill have to get some carbide tooling before I start messing with polycarbonates.

If I do delrin, I have been going back and forth in my head if it would be cool (and feaseable/functional) to do a big chuck of brass for an insert. You'll have the thermal properties of delrin with the weight of a brass knob...

Thanks! Prototype is the leading word considering how much all of the guys on here have helped me and broadened my knowledge of the aftermarket world for these cars. With that said, I don't want to irritate any Moderators by saying im selling these, since I HAVE NOT YET.

I will do the proper course of action when the time comes!

Archived