LegacyGT.com

Door edge rust

06 lgt. 150k miles. Garaged, waxed and well taken care of. Problem. Just noticed rust at the bottom of the drivers side doors. Not holed but rust appearing (that could be wiped off) on the outside bottom edge. My body shop checked and stated that the passenger side doors were fine. He is going to "work" inside the 2 doors to do the best he can-no guarentee as to how long the doors will last. He states that the drain holes get plugged and that causes the problem. I never had this problem with any of my cars in the past. Any suggestions as to why it has happened. I live in NJ. I love the car and would hate to give it up due to rust. The rest of the car is perfect.

Were the first one to have this problem that I know of.

Did you hear water sloshing in the door ?

My GF's 2008 Ford Escape holds water in the drivers door. It comes out when you open the door after you've washed the car. I' should check the rubber seal under there to see if it blocks the drain hole...duh.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived