LegacyGT.com

Bad Paint Here?

Hey guys - I was at a funeral yesterday and had a chance to bump into some old friends. When asking what was new, I mentioned that I had recently bought a new Legacy. They were saddened by this, not because it was a Legacy, but because it was new. The guys mentioned that paint is transitioning over to becoming water-based, which means it is therefore more prone to flaking, chipping, etc. I know I've read people have concerns with Subaru paint, but could it be that this is not specific to Subaru? Rather, all auto manufacturers?

I have to say that the quality of the paint job on my wife's '08 Outback and my '08 Legacy are almost as good as what's on my Porsche for well less than half the price. And while I'm at it, the quality of the leather inside my 2.5i Limited is slightly better than the Porsche, both on the seats and steering wheel, although the Porsche workmanship and padding is somewhat better. I haven't had any experience with bad paint yet. We'll see, since the Legacy is the only one of the three cars that doesn't get garage space.

kinda weird friends if they are concerned about yer paint. get better friends?? as mentioned its an industry issue. i havn't seen any subys with paint issues as much as i've seen many mercan and pean bad paint jobs.

george

Archived