LegacyGT.com

Greddy SP2 vs. EVO2

LGTLuver

I am thinking about putting a Greddy SP2 exhaust on my 05 LGT wagon. What is the difference between the SP2 and the EVO 2. I have looked at Greddy's website and found no rel difference except price. Does anybody want to chime in. Also does it fit perfectly with stock mounts etc? Thanks,

-LGTLuver

SP2 is not as loud as the EVO2.

SP2 is specifically for the wagon as it has longer tips.

EVO2 is for the sedan. If you put it on the wagon the tips will look a bit too recessed.

1st three pics = SP2

last 2 pics = EVO2

1113215401453_Parts.thumb.jpg.e5596d03d38ca491cf92704ab52874f6.jpg

1114802942406_Legacy_Rear_SML.thumb.jpg.3b4bf7de88e285c66fdd7af07e13d945.jpg

1112854827835_Legacy_Far_SML.thumb.jpg.e49f6ec4ab17d11b5f62e5ba20211e18.jpg

820430537_greddyexhaust021.jpg.d2c7af5f0b72420bac9b2f4f9fe9adcc.jpg

390346527_greddyexhaust012.jpg.041e1eeffd86de86217a11cf365bbe12.jpg

Nice. Is that your wagon? SP2 looks great. Greddy does have a wagon specific EVO2 as well. I guess the SP2 is the way to go because it is qieter and cheaper. Also was the wagon tuned and has other mods or just the CBE?

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

-LGTLuver

it's really just the muffler design.. Evo2 is the more aggressive sounding and more "ricer" looking one.. the SP2 is a typical oval canister with more sound-suppression.

I thought they made EVO2 and SP2 for both versions of the car.. the Wagon version sticks out 2" further than the sedan version due to the bumper design.

Keefe

Nice. Is that your wagon? SP2 looks great. Greddy does have a wagon specific EVO2 as well. I guess the SP2 is the way to go because it is qieter and cheaper. Also was the wagon tuned and has other mods or just the CBE?

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

-LGTLuver

nope, sedan, I have a magnaflow exhaust.;)

you don't need a tune for just a cbe.

740061889_Picture6.jpg.8e645ef44c15cbb5d2e30becf68bf993.jpg

nope, sedan, I have a magnaflow exhaust.;)

you don't need a tune for just a cbe.

Nice. I like the magna flow!!! I think SP2 it is for me. I might wait till after the winter though. Although I may not be able to wait. I was going to do a cobb AP, but am a little afraid, and it is overpriced (bash away if I upset anyone). We'll see. I just ordered my AVO panel filter today.:)

p.s.

Is that your wagon?

I should have just read your profile!!! Duh...

^ if your looking for performance then the AP will get you way better results then just adding a cbe. you can look in the classified forums for the version 1 AP (cobb access port). These go for around $400-500 used. Version 1 will will load the maps just like the $695 version 2, but will take about 20-45 minutes depending on the map and will not have all the bells and whistles. But if you don't care about that stuff then version 1 is the way to go.

SP2 = better looks and a minor power bump....a few whp. warrenty friendly.

AP = more bang for your buck. stage 1 will gain you @25-28whp/26-30wtq.

ap-lgt-stage1.gif.6acda6145f6a8315269254200cb430be.gif

^^^Do you have an AP? Any issues with the dealer? I have read pages of threads, but just cannot decide. I know the gains are tremendous. I just remember asking a mechanic at Subaru and said to never touch the car with chips or computers...:mad:

^ of course the dealer is going to tell you that.:lol:

The base cobb maps are very safe. I have yet to hear of anyone having any issues using these maps, especially at stage 1 level. To my knowledge the dealer has no way of detecting the addition of an AP. However if SOA ever wanted to question the addition of an aftermarket map they would have to run a check on the ECU. If they know where to look, they will notice a check digit that tells how many times the ECU has been "reflashed". Now if the dealer has never done it and has no record but the ECU reads 2, then they will point the finger at you. I have yet to hear of anyone having an issue...and that's going on three years now. #1 rule, don't tell the dealer your using an AP. #2 if you stay stage 1 they really have no way of knowing without sending off the ECU to be tested at SOA...which they will not do. #3 if you concerned about the dealer, un marry the AP before any service. #4 If you have a mechanical problem and the dealer calls out the AP, they have to prove it caused the problem. Likewise you'd have to argue that it didn't. The dealer can deny you service. #5 If you still have the factory warrenty the AP will not void warrenty issues not related to it. Example...window leaks, door trim falling apart, blown strut...etc.

In the end...it's your car. I say, just do it.

In the end...it's your car. I say, just do it.

Ok I am convinced. I just needed the kick in the butt. I may order it sooner than later... Thanks.

I just have to see what the body shop tells me this Thursday. The wife put in a couple of dings and I want to fix those first...:mad:

Last question, should I buy a TDC stage 1 map as well. I have been urged to do so. Thoughts?

^ go ahead and pick up an AP first. Run the cobb stage 1. If your happy, stay with it. If you want a tad more zip you can opt for the TDC map or even contact PDX tuning. Basically to my knowledge they tweek the existing Cobb map and extract a bit more. It's a more noticable at stage 2 level. Again all are good safe stage 1 tunes.

btw...you may find a used AP with additional maps already on it.

Thanks everyone! I was looking into an aftermarket exhaust. My mind was pretty set on the SP2 but again wanted to hear other opinions on it first beside just purchasing it out right. My decision... SP2. It's nice to know that it's quieter than the EVO2. I just find when it's too loud it too obnoxious and basically when everyone looks at you it's not because you sound or look cool but it's the fact that most pepole are thinking what a goofball! IMHO.

Archived